StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Im going out on a limb here. First of all shipping has been ridiculous, we have screwed over people where I work and have been screwed over by people who supply us.

Next, based on everything said, he was emotionally attached to a bike that didnt exist yet. Depending on how much he begged and called the dealer, they may have eventually just told him what he wanted to hear. Ive told people many times, if you keep asking the same thing but dont like the answer, eventually people will lie to you.

As far as the mechanical issues, I hope Canada has a lemon law and he can move on, I dont want a bike that needs to be figured out, it needs to work from day 1. So far my Wee has done that, and I hope he can find success.
But even the lemon law its a process not just hand then the keys and ask for a new bike. They have a chance/chances to fix the failure then if they cannot you can try the lemon law.

The best thing the guy at this point since he's signed on the dotted line is keep track of the time its in the shop and get his warranty extended by that much. What really sucks is the bank doesn't care and the payment is due no matter where the bike is. Also a reason I don't finance toys but thats a different topic.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
His posts were confusing but I'd like to revisit the mechanical issues with the machine... it apparently was disabled and is now at the dealer? Maybe someone can translate what the hell he was trying to say?

Mechanically, Speedo wasn't working, which seems to have triggered most lights. Then there is some crappy serious vibration from 3000-4500.

Find out tomorrow what dealer has done.

Emotional? Yea, I guess, was really looking forward to trip. Super choked about whole process, can't think how it could have been worse. Was really the only getaway for this year.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mechanically, Speedo wasn't working, which seems to have triggered most lights. Then there is some crappy serious vibration from 3000-4500.

Find out tomorrow what dealer has done.

Emotional? Yea, I guess, was really looking forward to trip. Super choked about whole process, can't think how it could have been worse. Was really the only getaway for this year.
why didn't you just take your other strom on the trip?

there's crappy dealerships everywhere, i dont understand how they stay in business.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
why didn't you just take your other strom on the trip?

there's crappy dealerships everywhere, i dont understand how they stay in business.
Still has idling issue, even after dealer checked over. Changed one tps, apparently there's a secondary. If that doesn't work, then changing magneto... After that, out of ideas.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So, they got rid of abs light, but haven't figured the engine light. Oh well, have no idea how to get out of truck with this much snow anyways.

·
Registered
15,856 Posts
Yeah, Bugzy. Get stuff used in the for sale section and mount it the way I want it. None of this getting hosed by a dealer BS. I've paid way too much new for a couple BMW's but amortized over time I usually get my money's worth.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Sorry for the craptastic experience with the Suzuki dealer.

I also would go to great lengths to never deal with that dealership again.
I would go to some length to make the dealership experience some shared negative outcomes. Doing unto others begets a counterpunch. Hold the molotov, please

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Seems the harness to talk to bike is so new that no one seems to have one, dealer just got one in. Might found out what that engine issue/vibration is...

Really hoping I didn't get the one lemon. Lol

·
Registered
2011 650 V-Strom with ABS
673 Posts
I would go to some length to make the dealership experience some shared negative outcomes. Doing unto others begets a counterpunch. Hold the molotov, please
I believe in a just God. Some call it karma. Don't dish it out if you can't take it. Some say, "What goes around....comes around."
I try to treat people at least fairly. First because it's the right thing to do, and second because of enlightened self interest.
Nobody gets away with anything in the long run.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
So... Mechanic said he'd hook up to bike last weekend. Stopped in and they won't say what's wrong with bike, actually quite evasive and the girl didn't seem to want me to talk to mechanic. Sales guy said the bikes pulled right apart and that he's never seen that before.

Guess I got the lemon.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
So... Mechanic said he'd hook up to bike last weekend. Stopped in and they won't say what's wrong with bike, actually quite evasive and the girl didn't seem to want me to talk to mechanic. Sales guy said the bikes pulled right apart and that he's never seen that before.

Guess I got the lemon.
Time for a recorded phone call to Suzuki Canada to ask them bluntly "What the fuck is wrong with my brand new DL1050? The dealer has it stripped and won't tell me and won't let me talk to the mechanic." They will likely give you questions to answer instead of answering yours. Insist on names and titles of who you are talking to. If they won't it means they are just messengers without any authority and insist on talking to superiors - escalating until someone tells you their name.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
So, if it is quite serious, what can I do? Request a 2021? That's what I would like to do.

·
Registered
702 Posts
How did the price balloon so high?? Did they tack on another hundred or 2 every time you called to confirm you really wanted THAT bike no matter how they treated you?

Damn, I would've sold you mine for half that price. :unsure:

·
Registered
2011 650 V-Strom with ABS
673 Posts
Ontario does not exactly have "Lemon Laws" like the states, but owners of defective vehicles do have legal tools to work with.

It's binding arbitration with teeth.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So, I had brought bike back, half hour ride, all lights triggered, weird vibration from motor. Technically not even one km on bike, because tach didn't work. Nothing done for over month. Knew winter was coming, wanted bike out before it hit. No dice, even when they said it would be done.

I'm not too sure what exactly was going on, they were a bit evasive. Said it was fixed.

Snow hit, picking up was a risk, seeing that bike was almost dumped when offloading to dealer and that was just a dusting and 3 people to offload on nice ramp. I figured they could hold the bike at their cost since I did all I could to pick up before winter truly hit. Besides, who picks up a brand new bike to have all issues on first half hour ride.

Nope, lethal motorsports wanted to charge 300 plus for storage. Didn't feel that was right, what so ever, wanted Suzuki to pay, since it was a lemon from word go. Suzuki denied this.

If you're looking at buying a Suzuki, read this post and try another company. Suzuki and their dealer's don't give a crap about you and do not stand by their products. 20k bike.

This bike still has vibration issues, but isn't triggering a light. Going to try bringing it to Edmonton since the dealer at lethal motorsports is the worst to deal with.

Ivan

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you're looking at buying a Suzuki, read this post and try another company. Suzuki and their dealer's don't give a crap about you and do not stand by their products. 20k bike.
If you're unhappy with it, either ditch the thing and move on or go through the Canadian Lemon Law process. It's a bummer that you've had a bad experience, but that's also why the smart shopper does dealer research before they buying a bike.

Considering that you're trash talking an entire global corporation based on a single dealer experience to a room full of Strom owners, with some of us having owned Suzuki motorcycles for decades, I'm not sure what you're expecting at this point.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
My opinion. I've owned wee for 11 years, there's nothing wrong with stating issues and a suggestion to buy something else due to manufacturer, dealers responses and quality of bike issues. This is exactly the forum to post, so that, others who are researching, to make a possible purchase, realize what they are getting into.

Ivan

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My opinion. I've owned wee for 11 years, there's nothing wrong with stating issues and a suggestion to buy something else due to manufacturer, dealers responses and quality of bike issues. This is exactly the forum to post, so that, others who are researching, to make a possible purchase, realize what they are getting into.

Ivan
You're right, Ivan. Lethal Motorsports fucked you over and you maybe were just too enamoured with the new bike to stop them. That sucks. It seems you also got a lemon, but maybe a different dealer might be able to make it run right. Suzuki and all other manufacturers don't tell dealers how to act - except maybe H-D and Triumph - unless there is a seriously extreme situation happening. Dealers are almost manufacturer customers themselves.

The lesson here seems to be for folks to avoid Lethal Motorsports like the plague.

See it through.

Glenn

21 - 40 of 45 Posts