StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you have a owners manual it will tell you everything that should be done at the 600 mile service. No they don't check/adjust the valve clearance. I do all my own services. :twisted:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Essentially they change the oil, the oil filter and check the torque on a bunch of fastners. The only ones that were loose on my 1000 were exhaust parts. Some of them were plenty loose too.

Ride well,

Jeff

C

·
0 Posts
Labor rates for motorcycles shops are probably on a par with BMW/Mercedes dealers!

M

·
0 Posts
Just a glorified oil change, I don't think most shops check fasteners either. I check for loose parts on every bike I buy as soon as I get it home. The Strom was typical compared to the last few bikes I bought, a few loose bolts. The right side passenger peg and the belly pan/cowl.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx

Thanx Guys.

From the horses' mouth, the service guy said oil, and tighten all the bolts, especially the triple clamp and exaust bolts. I'm keeping my $100, and checking every thing my self. Thanx again. Doug.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Oops - just posted the same question in the Wee forum.

Up here in Canada, they are saying that a valve adjustment *IS* required and are trying to hit me for $300-350 (around $250 -275 US).

What gives?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bolts

I also found many loose bolts. It was surprising. None that were loose enough to fall out though. If you skipping the first service, check every bolt visible. I am going to check 'em once-a-year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts