StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
13,380 Posts
Good you got out!

I was up Southwood a week or so ago and while it did have sand on it I wouldn't say it was worse than most springs. It was actually pretty decent in some spots

But yes we have to be vigilant!

..Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live on Muskoka 20, so I rode 20 to 6 and down to Washago to pick up some sour cream for another first this season - steak and baked potato on the bbq.

I suppose that the roads aren't terribly sandy, maybe a little worse than usual since we haven't seen much in the way of heavy rain to wash things off a bit. However there are still some monster pot holes and frost heaves lurking. Extra vigilance is definitely the order of the day.

The V handled it all with aplomb regardless! :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On another note, just as I was pulling out of the parking spot in Washago a CB500X rolled past. I wound up following the rider north all the way to Houseys Rapids where our paths diverged. Not another Strom, but still cool to see someone else out.

·
Administrator
13,380 Posts
On another note, just as I was pulling out of the parking spot in Washago a CB500X rolled past. I wound up following the rider north all the way to Houseys Rapids where our paths diverged. Not another Strom, but still cool to see someone else out.
I may have seen the same rider on the CB500x when I was heading up southwood a week or two ago.

..Tom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have seen the same rider on the CB500x when I was heading up southwood a week or two ago.

..Tom
This guy had some sort of soft saddle bags fitted and was wearing a matte black helmet with an orange stripe up the middle of it.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quick shake down ride on my new-to-me V this afternoon. A bit chilly and the backroads are very sandy up here, but it sure was nice to be back on two wheels. View attachment 270831 View attachment 270831
Good you got out!

I was up Southwood a week or so ago and while it did have sand on it I wouldn't say it was worse than most springs. It was actually pretty decent in some spots

But yes we have to be vigilant!

..Tom
I was there yesterday and with traction control on it was fun...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts