StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took her out today. Living in Minnesota I don't like the spring riding. The roads have to much stuff on them and cars are not looking for us yet. But I recently found myself with extra time! I know you are green with envy. New battery and did the run through. My heated grips are not working. My bike just filled in my extra time for me tomorrow. Trying to track down the offender.

Stay safe out there see you on the road. Happy wrenching.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I'm up in Grand Rapids MN and haven't ventured out yet. Paved roads are finally ice free but there's lots of sand & salt. We need a good rain to rinse things off.

Unfortunately we still have a good 8" of snow on the ground and highs of only 43°f so I'm going to have to wait a bit.

Autocorrect is my new enema.
Relax and have a homebrew.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Took the strom out this afternoon to blow the dust off. Couple hours self-isolating inside a helmet around the Montreal south shore. Man did that ever feel good to get out of my system..! Season now officially underway...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Took the strom out this afternoon to blow the dust off. Couple hours self-isolating inside a helmet around the Montreal south shore. Man did that ever feel good to get out of my system..! Season now officially underway...
been wondering about the legality... and morality of taking a QT ride. luckily i got my first few rides in early but would love to alleviate this bordom

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I took a one hour ride on Thursday. It was 56 degrees and sunny here in the N.Y. Adirondacks. My 1000 still puts a smile on my face. My dealer just emailed me to let me know they are opening up again on a limited basis for repairs and parts. My bike will be brought in to have the steering bearings replaced. I am still planning a 9 day trip to Nova Scotia in mid-August with a few great stromtroopers. This trip WILL happen!.

·
Registered
615 Posts
been wondering about the legality... and morality of taking a QT ride. luckily i got my first few rides in early but would love to alleviate this bordom
Same here.
I was able to get out a couple times before before the manure hit the propeller, but haven't been out lately, and won't until things settle down. We've had three confirmed cases and no deaths so far in my county, but we have a Safer At Home emergency order in place here in 'Sconnie. State Parks are still open and some restaurants are open for take-out, but otherwise the area looks deserted.
I've had two rolling crashes in my ~45 years of motorcycling, one of which required an ambulance ride and 10 day's hospitalization (my fault, stupid hurts), That was 36 years ago and I recovered completely, but as I reflect back, my lone, high side crash utilized a lot of emergency and ICU resources. Resources that today I think should be reserved for the pandemic rather than potentially for an accident which would be more serious than if it would be in my car.
And, I have three other strikes against me: I am over 70; I've recently had radiation therapy, which temporarily has weakened my immune system; and as a former smoker, I've heard we have some sort of enzyme (?) that may make us more susceptible to covid-19 than a practicing smoker. :mad: Where's my bike keys, I'm going out for a box of Partagas Black Label Magnificos!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had to replace my Oxfords. I guess 8 years and more then 100,000 miles they are done. But now the bike is up and running and I took it out last night for an hour. I do like the lack of cars on the road :). The V-Strom is ready for another year!
PS. Snow in the forecast for tomorrow

·
Premium Member
4,925 Posts
( Ontario Canada ) I got out in Feb before we left for Chile

and am now a week out from end of self isolation after returning. But I will certainly be out on solo rides just for my sanity. CB500x goes a long way on a little gas and we got used to santizing in Chile after a fill up. It will be nice with so little traffic. Got a cup holder so can take my own beverage with me and riders are pretty damned isolated in their gear. Socialize afterward on here or the GTAM forum. Could use a bit more warmth tho. That's my fav hangout in the background and I'd love to support them but.....

·
Registered
233 Posts
We had a couple weeks of really nice weather, got some nice rides in. Now it's back to cold and damp, blech. I'm pretty much self-quarantined, would love to get on the bike again.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I managed to get a ride in every month of the year again. I rode year round out west, but this is the first time since moving east in 2016. The limiting factor here is often getting from the garage to the road up the 150' driveway. The Shinko 804/805s helped with that, but there was a bit of sideways action.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
233 Posts
Weather broke the day after I posted, got a couple hours on the bike. Took a wrong turn and got into more mud than I'm comfortable with, fortunately I'm not too proud to turn around. Always fun to explore!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts