StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got out for a short ride yesterday here in Northern Ontario.

After getting the bikes, a Wee and Honda XR, out of storage and prepped for the road I only had time to venture about 10km on the Wee. Here are some observations...

After being stored since Nov. the Wee fired up after maybe a second of cranking and idled happily as if I'd ridden it just yesterday. Amazing. :eek: The carbureted XR took a bit of cranking before it started and I had to adjust the choke a couple of times to keep it from stalling but it too didn't give any trouble.

After returning from my test ride on the Wee, I felt the rear brake dragging. :confused: The pedal linkage seemed a bit stiff so I worked it up and down a few times and then it seemed fine. Watch out for that.

I discovered that my nearly-new Tourance rear tire had a rusty 1" nail in it. :mad: It had held its air until now so I yanked it out to see how the Ride-On tire sealant would work and the Tourance totally deflated. Maybe Ride-on works better if the tire is rotating? Anyway, I'm not very impressed with it right now. The nail was located towards the center of the tire so it should have been right in the band of Ride-on goo.

We're getting hit with about 20 cm. of snow today so the riding is over for a while. Oh well, I guess I can get my tire fixed and not miss out on any riding.

- Martin

·
Registered
476 Posts
Had to bring the daughter along but it was all good! :cool:

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey! I have the same year/colour... pic from my last ride of 2007, in November...

- Martin

·
Registered
636 Posts
Finally me and Big Ugly made it out for the first real ride of the season. I went across town last week but that doesn't count. If you don't burn at least a bar of gas then it isn't a ride.

As always, Wasaga Beach is the first ride of the year. Here's the pic,

Later Canuckian homies, see you Apr 20th,

Me

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
So, how are the Holeshots and the TFI??

·
Registered
636 Posts
SWEET !!!

I need to tweak the one pot but she pulls pretty good. I went upto redline in 3rd gear and it got there pretty damn fast. It sounds real good too. My riding buddy said it's nice and growly but not obnoxious.

I'm happy.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Ian,

Wasn't there something new that was going to be mounted on the big ugly by this time? Something my brother has on his Strom?

..Tom
I'm working on that one, I have a buddy who is going to help me out. I just have to wash the bike first.

Hopefully I get it done by the 20th. Woohoo !

I haven't mounted my sheep yet either, I forgot to go buy some crazy glue when I was at the hardware store. I think old age is setting in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts