StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Boy,
Suzuki is going all out to muster love for the Vee2!
If you buy all the hype, you are almost obligated to purchase one. I do like the idea of having the torque at 4k rpm. Did he say they went 200 k.p.h.?! Let the love continue.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the guy in the video is an independent tester not associated with Suzuki so he's the one hyping the bike. So far we've seen two fairly positive reviews which is what I'm expecting. She's looking good.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sure wish they would have hit a bump or two...maybe a little jump. It is a little uglier in the video than the pics I have seen.

I still have my hopes and money ready for one, maybe in person I will like it more.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for finding this stuff, antbrown, it's great to see a picture start to unfold!

Interesting statement about the high-speed run:
"It's so stable and so cool, it was almost, spooky"

I like it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Sounds like its dragging the center stand at the 7 minute mark.
The engine/exhaust sounds nice. Bike looks a little better with the added tank protectors and 1000 stickers on the front, but I did not like the looks in person as much as in pictures. Won't let that keep me away if I like the test ride.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Great work again antbrown :thumbup:

Good to see some reports/rides/reviews coming out :yesnod:

Getting excited now :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
I love my bulky and stale original 1000, but I would rock that new one. :yesnod:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is it me or does that tester sound like Arny Swartsnegger ? The bike itself is starting to grow on me, but l wish we can get more of the specs of the bike ( like seat height ect) and what the price in Auzzie land is going to be

·
Administrator
17,525 Posts
Is it me or does that tester sound like Arny Swartsnegger ? The bike itself is starting to grow on me, but l wish we can get more of the specs of the bike ( like seat height ect) and what the price in Auzzie land is going to be
Arnold would say......."do it, do it now"!!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
The test results are exactly what I hoped for, particularly the good suspension, sharper steering and lower weight.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just got a chance to have a look at one and sit on it myself at the IMS, and I can tell you that it is definitely a very well thought out and laid out bike. It has the most comfortable and natural feeling ergonomics I've ever experienced. The seat is a real stand out in and of itself, with no high-pressure points whatsoever. I would expect most people to be very happy and satisfied with the stock seat on this bike.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Here's a new video FWIW but I can't tell what this guy is saying due to his thick New York accent, maybe someone can translate the gist of it....

Suzuki V Strom1000 ABS - Test Moto.it - YouTube
If you look at the bottom of the video screen, there is an icon for captions. You can enable the caption feature, with translation from Italian into English. It is a poor translation, but this is another video expounding the great features of the vee2.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
If you look at the bottom of the video screen, there is an icon for captions. You can enable the caption feature, with translation from Italian into English. It is a poor translation, but this is another video expounding the great features of the vee2.:thumbup:
Thank you very kindly, chirosyd, for the most excellent pro tip! Enjoyed the review, and what the translation lacks in accuracy it more than makes up for in entertainment!

I take it this means the brakes work real good? :D

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Here is yet another video from the press launch in Spain, from a different reviewer...this guy has a deep Cajun accent, the YouTube translation feature doesn't work too well with it... :mrgreen: ...but lots of new video of the bike in motion.

:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts