StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside for some minor adjusting of suspension and the shift lever I got my first mod finished. Installed a set of Givi crash bars this morning. Terribly simple process other than getting my chubby hands under the fairing to mourn the forward brackets to the radiator mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Looks just like mine.
SW Motech makes this cool little guard for the R. brake reservoir. And they make one even cooler for the exhaust valve gizmo down there too.
You bike wants these. It really does.

According to the VIN's, mine rolled down the line 698 bikes after yours.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Awesome! Now try them out and let us know how they work! :)

..Tom
Already tried mine. Tires went out from under me while leaned way over. It slammed me down hard on the left side. Just about wore thru the left side bar, but I was a bit surprised to see they were bent up a good bit too. Bars were bent, mirror and hand guard broken as well as left peg mount. Without the guards, the damage would've been much greater.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Take off those plastic Givi advertisements!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
hand guard broken as well as left peg mount. .
Did your peg mount snap ?

I fitted Wee brackets to my V2, the Wee brackets are steel not cast like the V2.

·
Registered
14,132 Posts
"Nice, another forum full of smart-asses"

Just one of the services provided here. You do take very good pics though.:thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
It's almost always best to assume the smart assed comments are humor.

Unless they are obviously not. Which is VERY rare. In that case I suggest pretending they are humor.
Generally that is true and more so if a "smiley" follows any comments.

..Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts