StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a chance to get out for the weekend on the Wee, I got it in April. Mostly along the Blueridge Parkway but also into WV, totaled about 800 miles Friday thru Sunday. All day Friday was in the rain and it handled great. What a great bike, it never missed a beat. Of course I have a couple of issues. First is the seat. This is my 10th motorcycle and I can say that for me at least, it has the worst seat of any bike I have ever owned. I can't wait until the aftermarket catches up so I can replace it. The other is the locks on the side cases. I left late Thursday night and parked it overnight in the hotel parking lot and since I had some stuff I didn't want to lose I locked the side cases. Friday morning when I went out to unlock them (it rained a fair amount Thursday night too) the key wouldn't go in at all, both sides. I finally took a small knife and stuck it in about half an inch and wiggled it around and then I could finally get the key in. They have been a problem since the day I bought it. I told the service guy at the dealership where I bought it and he said it was a common complaint and to break the key off inside so Suzuki would replace them. Even if they did I assume they would replace them with the same locks. (dumb suggestion) So the next night at the motel, I took the side cases off and brought them into the room with me. I usually just leave them unlocked and hope no one steals anything. For some reason the locks that hold the bags to the bike work just fine. So anyway, if I can ever get the seat and lock issues resolved, it will be about as good as a bike can be. I posted a couple pictures on the picture thread.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try graphite powder

I had the same issue with the locks (I had to use a small knife to help insert the key just like you did). I read on this forum that using graphite powder (dry) helps and indeed it did. Locks are now very easy to operate. The brand I used is called KG7 Moly-Armorkote.

Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue with the locks (I had to use a small knife to help insert the key just like you did). I read on this forum that using graphite powder (dry) helps and indeed it did. Locks are now very easy to operate. The brand I used is called KG7 Moly-Armorkote.

Good luck.
Thanks, I will give that a try, the manual specifically says not to use any kind of oil, so I've just been living with it. Now, about that seat...:frown:

·
Registered
635 Posts
Now, about that seat...
For an inexpensive fix until and when you want to go custom, this Airhawk has been awesome on both my old Corbin on the BMW and the new Wee seat.

I find I can go 2 hours fine w/Airhawk, although I am ready to get off by then. But without it and the stock seat it was about an hour before I started feeling it and at 1 1/2 I had to get off and move around.

I know it doesn't look great, but my butt loves it. It's easy to move around to different bikes too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is some nice riding. WV is littered with twisties to help you fall in love with the wee. I have taken my wee out to WV a few times recently and it is wonderful!

Whereabout in NoVA are you? I have found that the wee is more pleasant to ride in the traffic around here than most other bikes I have ridden. Unfortunately, all those twisties aren't in Northern Virginia.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had problems with the locks too but can honestly say they have definately improved with time / use, hardly an issue for me now.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Squirted a little oil in mine--got to where they just didn't want to work after getting rained on. Just a little oil in the hole and they now work like they should--even though I wouldn't call them very good locks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put some graphite in my locks today, so we will see how that works. They got rained on Thursday night an Friday morning was the most trouble I've had with them so far. I'm in Fauquier County about halfway between Warrenton and Manassas. Lots of trips out thru Luray on 211!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
240 Posts
the worst seat is....

I have had a "lot" of motorcycles over the years and my winner for the absolutely worst seat is the BMW 800 GS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alright.....cool to see some glee owners in my neck of woods. I just got back from a trip to Harrisonburg by way of 211/11......love that road! I keep meaning to take a photo of the "Motorcycles: High Crash Area Next 3 Miles" sign heading down the hill.......best 3 miles I've found so far!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright.....cool to see some glee owners in my neck of woods. I just got back from a trip to Harrisonburg by way of 211/11......love that road! I keep meaning to take a photo of the "Motorcycles: High Crash Area Next 3 Miles" sign heading down the hill.......best 3 miles I've found so far!
I have wanted to get a picture of that sign too, but I'm usually pretty busy at that point!

Another sign around here that I like is attached. Somehow I couldn't agree more :mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
That is really great.....if only I can get my buddy Andy Fuk to run for conrgess....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
the locks on my new bike didn't work either. very hard to get the key in...i filled all 4 of them up with grafite powder and worked the key in/rotated for 30 minutes../they work now. also, my dealer gave me two extra locks to install if needed. i haven't check to see if they are keyed the same.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I agree with the worst seat on the Wee but my 1975 Zuendapp Bergsteiger had a bad seat as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts