Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,

Long time rider, new owner 2010 650.

Have been off bikes for a few years, though on scooters in Thailand..... Prior to that I owned from new my absolute favorite bike, 2003 FJR 1300 A. Wonderful bike. I digress. :serious:

I also had a Honda CB500X in Thailand but I had really bad knees so was difficult to ride. It revved too high on the highway and I never got a good vibe from it. Even had the seat raised but did not help much.

Roll forward post double knee replacement and I am back on the road with the Strom. Just under a thousand km,s on her now, 2 up with my Wife and I love it ! :grin2:

It's great in the city and feels good out on the highway, a good all rounder like my FJR was. Can't believe the fuel economy even being 2 up with panniers and top box loaded. My knees are aching a bit but it's only been 3 months since the knee upgrade so to be expected.

I would like to raise the seat still in the months ahead. I dropped into where Sheepy Hollow used to be, but no longer there... Not sure whether to go sheepskin or Airhawk, have had both in the past.

Anyhow, very happy so far.

Knees to the breeze people :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,934 Posts
Welcome. I found that the original seat on my 2010 DL650 sacked out and bought a Saddlemens Track CF. They do not make them any more but still have a similar one available https://www.saddlemen.com/motorcycle-seats/suzuki/offroad-dualsport-adventure-bike-seats-3/suzuki-adventure-tour/seat-advtrg-dl1000?limit=100 Perhaps an upholsterer can put some extra and firmer foam in yours. These seats are firmer and effectively an inch or more higher.

I also fitted Adventuretechs footpeg lowering kit. https://www.adventuretech.biz/footpeg-and-control-lowering-kit.html It makes a big difference in comfort. I'm 5'11".

·
Registered
454 Posts
I can recommend MJM custom seats in Goulburn, NSW, had my 09 -650 seat done years ago and very comfy. Mick has also done a few other seats for me all great.
Also lowered foot peg brackets are great, IM 6'3' and very comfy on my Wee.!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I too have a custom MJM seat on my V2.

What part of OZ do you hang around ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

I am in Brissy, plenty of nice rides around both North, South and West of the... Think I did all of them on the FJR over 10 yrs owning it, and some of them 3 or more times depending how fun they were.

The Northside is pretty much ruined now especially on w/ends when the boys in blue are out in force, plus they dropped the speed limits that took the fun away....

Will look into the peg lowering, might be just the go.

As for the seat do they have swaps 1 for 1 or do I have to send the seat to them ?

Picked up a sheepskin from Ikea yesterday, not a bad fit. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Get a Sit&Fly cover and try that first before spending a lot of money. They are amazingly effective and raise the seat but only about 10mm.

Search here, quite a few threads about that cover. On our recent gathering it seemed almost every second bike had that cover.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I second the pegs/controls lowering kit option. It's an easy kit to install and worked like a charm for me. I also thought the price was more than reasonable.

I use a sheepskin seat cover. The long-hair version I chose claims to add 1" or something like that to your seat height but it really doesn't because it just gets mashed down when you sit on it. I still like it, though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts