StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impressions: New old stock 2016 V-Strom ABS Adventure

Nimble, light, tracks amazingly well, goes where I point it, corners easy, shifts supper, has plenty of torque.

The more I ride this bike the more I’m amazed at has how responsive it is.
I’ve been riding sport-cruisers the last few years, 2012 BMW R1200RT and then a 2018 K1600GTL.

The change is amazing, love it! Now know why I see these duel sport bikes all over the place here is Alaska.

Like the fact I can back up without putting it in reverse.

Factory bags are too small for anything other than a few things.

Have had 2 days and already have a Go Cruise, Oxford Heated grips and VStream 18.75 Windscreen on the way. Amazon prime baby!!

All in All, a fun bike to ride, almost feels like its the big brother to my e-bike. Don’t think I’ll get as much saddle time on the Strom as the Bulls Monster, my E-Bike but should be close at least until the snow flies.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I'm so amazed that I had 2x1000, 5x650 first generation, now on #5 650 second generation and getting 2017 650 in 2 weeks after returning home from my 2 weeks bike trip. I'm glad you like it too. Congratulations.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool that you are enjoying the new bike so much, especially after switching from a couple big BMWs. Did you get the 1000 or 650?
1000, has as much get up and torque as my 1200RT did; fact is I think there is more. Power to wheel via chain is my guess. The K1600 was faster but a pig in traffic, only part about that bike great was the convenience/luxury stuff like keyless unlocking, cruise control, linked brakes, electric windshield, heated seat and grips, trunk light though, blue tooth, GPS, corner following light.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts