StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, so I've got my bike back (for now) and I got a chance to add the whole pile of farkles I had waiting for its return. I decided to post up some reviews of the following products:

Galfer stainless steel brake and clutch lines
Pazzo Racing long levers
Ventura luggage system

Galfers:

I've always wanted to try these out, and I've never gotten around to it until now. I found an Ebay seller selling the full set, both fronts, rear, and clutch lines, plus a bottle of Galfer brake fluid all for $159, free shipping. Sounded good, they came quickly, and the install was straightforward. The advantage, so I've read, is lack of flex in the lines, so when you squeeze the lever, the fluid won't cause the stock rubber lines to stretch/swell, resulting in more responsive, better feeling brakes. I'll say yes, they do seem much more responsive and better feeling. +1 for Galfer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pazzo Racing levers:

I've been waiting a long time for these, and damn, they're worth the wait. Not cheap at $142/pair, but they are awesome bike bling. I went with gold long length with black adjusters, and they have zero clearance issues on the '05 1k with factory hand guards. They clear fine in any position. The installation literally took 10 minutes, very easy. I love 'em, but they're more for looks than anything else, although the adjustability is great and they do feel better than stock somehow :D

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ventura luggage system:

Bought this setup off another member, and I must say it's gotta be the best soft luggage system available. The system I bought came with the L-brackets which will fit either the 1000 or the 650, the rack, the sport rack, a HUGE pack for the regular rack and a grab bar when the racks are not in use. I also bought the sport pack for $45 shipped that fits on the smaller sport rack. The sport pack is awesome for everyday use, and the regular rack/pack is big enough for a several day journey. EXCELLENT soft luggage solution, the grab bar looks nice when the racks are not in use. I'm not a big fan of the looks of hard bags so this is a great alternative.

I also added a madstad bracket, gel seat and Motech crash bars, but you guys know all about that stuff. :D Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I ran the pazzos and galfers on my '01 bandit and loved both products.. when I've got the money, I'll be doing both mods. I'll probably wait a couple of years for the stock brake lines to age a bit, so the levers will be 1st.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Pazzo Racing levers:

I've been waiting a long time for these, and.....

OK, now you can focus on the wedding plans.

Oh, the levers do look sweet....don't know if I could justify the cost...10 minutes to install?....where is it you park your bike again? ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pazzo Levers - Do they work with the clutch inter-lock switch and brake light switch?

In my past experience with a Ducati, CRG levers did not have a feature that allowed the use of the clutch lever interlock switch, had to bypass in the wiring.

I would assume that the brake light switch will remain functional at the very least.

Thanks, I appreciate any information that you can send my way!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts