StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first add ons today. Garmin Nuvi and handlebar mount from Expressmounts just mailed day before yesterday and both arrived today - not mounted yet. Knuckle guards from Suzuki (the deal maker - free from dealer) arrived yesterday, so I took the Valk over to pick them up!

Needed the side bags on the Valk because I picked up some other stuff while I was there. Oh, did I mention that my wife has the only "four wheels" in the family?

Easy to follow instructions....just one BIG snafu on my part. It said to take off the clutch boot, remove the clutch cable, put the clutch boot back on and put the clutch cable back on.

Well, dummy me didn't realize they meant the NEW clutch boot that came in the kit, so I put everything back together and thought, "Hmmmm, that made no sense whatsoever...." Then realized I needed to put the new clutch boot on - take everything back off and try again....Duh!!!!!! (A real blonde moment there)......

So, after getting everything back off on the clutch side and redoing it, job was finished and bike looked great with them. Took a little ride through the front yard, out the ditch and down the road to make sure my front brake and clutch still worked after "doofus" worked on them - Yep. Tomorrow going to take her for a couple of hundred mile spin over to visit a friend....

Tomorrow afternoon, I should be able to get the GPS mounted after I get home.

· Registered
1,653 Posts
Just remember that wind is about the only thing that they will keep off your hands. That and maybe some light branches. I have seen a few of the Suzuki guards fold up and break when they hit anything solid. If you do any off road adventures I highly recommend something with an aluminum back bone.

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dastardly piece. Be sure you remove your original clutch boot and put the supplied one (didn't know what it was for until I had already tried to put the wind guard on). DUH!!!!!!

Sure will save you about a half hour to NOT have to take everything apart and put back together again. Dummy me. :confused:

· Registered
158 Posts
The guards are nice, but I take mine off during the summer, as I need air flow through my leather gauntlet gloves. If I leave them on, my hands sweat like a whore in church.

But if the temps are below 60F, the hand guards are great. As they are for any offroading stints.

Luckily, they are easy to put on and pull off. Nice, cheap farkle...

· Registered
65 Posts
The guards are nice, but I take mine off during the summer, as I need air flow through my leather gauntlet gloves. If I leave them on, my hands sweat like a whore in church.

But if the temps are below 60F, the hand guards are great. As they are for any offroading stints.

Luckily, they are easy to put on and pull off. Nice, cheap farkle...
I was thinking about this after I put mine on a couple weeks ago.

to the OP, they do definitely change the buffeting. you should probably make your next farkle the Madstad windshield brackets to help with this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.