StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since getting my V-Strom in March, I've put over 7000 miles on it, about 2000 of them being various kinds of dirt (roads, 4x4 trails, etc..). Well, it finally happened! My strom took its first dirt nap today up on a 4x4 trail (FR 122(pole hill) for the locals). I was comming back down to the entrance which is very steep with alot of rocky, exposed bedrock. I was going down the side trying to stay away from most of the rocks (don't have a bash guard yet), when my front wheel washed out and slid off the side of the trail. I went down, but not hard. Luckily I installed some Givi crash guards last week.

I picked the bike up in about 1 second after the crash, thought it would be alot tougher to get it upright. Started the engine, got it back up on the trail and inspected it for damage. NO DAMAGE! not even a scratch on the crash guards!! It wasn't a hard crash, but I expected a few scratches at the least. The Givis and my home made pannier mounts saved the day, no part of the actual bike but the handle bar weights and left peg touched the ground.

No dirt nap shots, didn't bring the camera. Here's an after shot though:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts