StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a "Yosh Box" so that I could rid the lowend lean issue with my '07 Vee. I previously tried a PCIII and wasn't real happy with the results.

Background; My '07 Vee is stock, engine wise, other than a K&N air filter and one of realshelby's werks clutch baskets. The TB sync and TPS are all adjusted properly. It has right at 19K miles on it. My gearing is stock.

I followed the directions included and just adjusted the low speed primary injectors. I wanted to get rid of the lean surge and popping in my intake that was annoyingly present. I made an adjustment to both the F&R cylinders (these can be done independantly) and went for a ride.

I used my usual 10 mile loop as the basis for my findings. This is a strong mix of lowspeed curvey county roads and hwy riding. The results were amazing. The Vee no longer surges or pops back through the intake tract after a long deceleration. The throttle responce is much improved and transitions a lot better into the mid range. I can pick up the throttle with much more confidence in the curves since the acceleration is more constant and predictable.

I didn't realize how lean the factory settings were until I came back from my ride and found that the bike was idleing 200 rpms higher than before. I reset the idle to my preferred 1100 rpms and went for another short ride to see if anything had changed. Nothing whatsoever was effected.

I didn't change anything with the mid range or upper rpm settings as that part is plenty rich from the factory. If anything, I may lean those parameters out a little at a later date to improve the fuel economy at higher rpm riding.

I found the Yosh Box much more to my liking as far as adjusting the fuel map. I can concentrate on one particular area of rpms with a simple throw of the switch. The box is small enough to take along with me if I feel the need to tune in further. A short 2 minute stop to make an adjustment and I'm back on my way.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I didn't change anything with the mid range or upper rpm settings as that part is plenty rich from the factory. If anything, I may lean those parameters out a little at a later date to improve the fuel economy at higher rpm riding.
Leaner = hotter. Proceed with caution.

·
Registered
812 Posts
It really worked well for me too. Mine is totally stock otherwise. The fuel mileage suffers a little, but the positives outweigh that a lot. I can actually ride the bike in the 2000's rpm range and accelerate without the stumbling, although I don't do that often. No more popping on decel either. Actually, that's a lie. I've had it backfire maybe 3 or 4 times in about 20,000km, but only on a very long downhill decel. I could richen it a little more, but am happy with the performance now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leaner = hotter. Proceed with caution.
That would be correct. That part will be done in baby steps much like the richening of the idle/lowspeed circut. I'm pretty good at reading plugs and also clean the tips on the exhaust pipe prior to any tunning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts