StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a 'phone call from the dealer on Vancouver Island. They received a 2014 base model 1000 today, and expect 2 more tomorrow. These bikes missed the strike at the port of Vancouver.

·
Registered
209 Posts
One of them had better be mine!
If one of those is yours please post pics of them taking the bike out of the crate...!! love seeing those pics...The dealer said I can come and take pics of them un crating the bike when mine comes in. My dealer said the adventure model should be in by the end of this month. Not sure if I believe him. Went to another Suzuki dealer in town, they said April or May....Who knows...

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
I stopped at my dealer yesterday who said hejust spoke with "Chris" the U.S. representative, and that their first 2014 Vstrom 1000 would be there within the next two weeks. The representative said something about a change in releasing the Vstrom's, and that there was going to be an "early release".

I have chosen the standard model, and did not care what color. The dealer said their first one was going to be red and that is fine. It will be interesting to see if any of my Wee farkles will fit, and what aftermarket companies will offer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I sat on the bike today - black, serial #359.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Consensus is - it is too black, not good for conspicuity.

BTW - the tires are Bridgestone Battle Wings

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I thought the black looked absolutely BOSS. If you like a black bike, this one is about as black as it gets.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
The black looks fantastic. A bit of reflective tape in key spots and it will be stunning. blue reflective trim on wheels too. Great stuff.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Price of 2014 DL-1000

First time I see that. The bike is less expensive in Canada 11999.00$ than in the States 12699.00$ :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Yes but don't be fooled. Apparently OTD price in US is around 11,499 now. Any price you get up here will have Dealer Prep + Freight + tire levy fees applied, which adds another 1k. If you could get OTD price of 11,999 then ok, its similar but i doubt you will find that here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes but don't be fooled. Apparently OTD price in US is around 11,499 now. Any price you get up here will have Dealer Prep + Freight + tire levy fees applied, which adds another 1k. If you could get OTD price of 11,999 then ok, its similar but i doubt you will find that here.
I was quote 11 300$ + tx and 12 300$ + tx for the SE (dealer prep and freight included) here in Qc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The V-Strom 1000 is arrived in Montreal... my dealer received some black and the red should be coming in the coming days.
The only problem for now... there is still snow on the ground...

·
Registered
161 Posts
9 deg and sunny here today. To bad my bike got stuck in the darn port strike. I have no sympathy for those truckers anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I sat on the new 1000 while my 650 was in for its first service yesterday. The black looks great. Feels only slightly bigger than the 650. Now I'm wondering if I should have waited for the Vstrom 1000:confused:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts