StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to every "oil-fan",

last Saturday morning the first 1000 Km maintenance have been done. Fortunately a Suzuki/Honda dealer has a shop at hand, so we could bring our bikes there together with my wife. She's got a CBF 250.
Mechanic set the chain and the tire pressures, checked some settings like clutch, brake, the lights and horne. That was all. They did not tighten nor check any screws (except the rear axle due to the chain-setting). I warn them the very light oil leakage coming from under the clutch cover's big round screw. They tightened it and said: will see. Also they never used torque wrench, and they tightened the oil-filter with a wrench! I don't like it.
They were very kind, but as soon as the warranty period run out I will do all the jobs myself.

After a LOT of searching, studying and reading our forum and other Internet sources I decided to use Motul 5100 Ester 10W40 of course with genuine filter. That oil costs here $13.7 per liter.
It is also recommended by http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Consumables.html and fulfils the JASO MA specs.

First impressions after 200 Km:

gear switching is really improved
finding neutral at stillstand is not an issue
it looks to me as if the engine is quieter a bit and revs easyer but these are maybe only subjective feelings.

Will post more after a few hundred Km.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Hi mokusbajusz:

Is that $13.70 US dollars per litre? I just put Shell Rotella-T 15W-40 in mine, the cost was $14.00 Canadian for a 4 litre jug. Works very well.

Al

·
Registered
327 Posts
That is VERY expensive, by our standards. There must be cheaper good oil available - or did you choose Motul?
It's OK to tighten the filter with a filter wrench as long as it is not tightened more than 2 turns after the sealing ring contacts the metal.

Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts