StromTrooper banner

What do you think

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too shabby for a first wrap. Oh yea and I bring my dog with...

Phase 1 of the dog box... does he like it... cause that is kind of important
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUOs_nNKkSM

One more cause you know you want to see it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nclsMy1xatw

check, now lets get down to buisness... photoshop:

time to get a heat gun and a giant sticker...

And some decals from someone on Etsy...

And walla...

A little paint to have him blend in.

Took him for a 200 mile ride yesterday, loved every minute of it

Pretty happy with the results, let me know what you think...

·
Registered
5,172 Posts
That dog box is priceless, especially the windscreen! You can even pet him while you're riding. I like the digital camo too; somehow it looks right on a V-strom. Nice work.

Just watched your videos...love your dog. Bauer is the Steve McQueen of puppies!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Great job, lucky dog.
If he can come out of the finished box as far as he could in the video I might be worried about him in a tip over but otherwise well done

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think the graphics are pretty cool, and liking the dog box too. Well executed. As long he enjoys it, more power to both of you!

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
That's a chic magnet setup for sure.

The bike color looks great in your environment. Nicely done.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Been trying to get something rigged up on my Vee for our dog for months now. Didn't think about putting him in a side box. That's awesome!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hilarious. I bet he just loves that. No way I could do that for my 2 black labs. :)

·
Registered
818 Posts
:thumbup::hurray:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great job, lucky dog.
If he can come out of the finished box as far as he could in the video I might be worried about him in a tip over but otherwise well done
I've set up a slide rail system so that he can move around, but I'm working on training him to sit in the box, so for the time being when we're on the road now he's tethered down in so that he can't get that far out, little guy just has too much energy though. He wants to look over the windshield with the original seatbelt setup I had. I'll get some photos of it up tonight and maybe someone has a better idea how I can secure him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where did you get the wrap from?
Metrorestyling on amazon... i think I bought 4ft by 11 ft for 260 and had a ton left over... prob ably wasted 8 Sq feet and have 5 feet left of the 4 ft wide roll... iF I could order again I'd do 7 ft the end you have room for errors but not a ton left over... i also did not align the cam horizontal to match... it looked too cookie cutter when I tried it.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
where did you get the doggles? how much does your dog weigh?

where did you order the camo decals from?

so many questions haha.. but clearly I love it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where did you get the doggles? how much does your dog weigh?

where did you order the camo decals from?

so many questions haha.. but clearly I love it!
Doggies came from amazon as well... they have a ton of different colors and sizes.. he weighs 20 lbs but I load tested it with 40 for his and my safety.

The actual desert digi camo is considered a wrap which us what my last post was for, Metrorestyling on amazon. The military decals I did in illustrator then paid someone on etsy to cut them up for me and I just stuck em over the desert digi.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Worse than a waste of time.

Dangerous.

We want drivers to see us, to notice us, and to immediately recognize what they see. Camo could not be more wrong. Please do two things...make a provision in your will for good care for your doggie for the rest of his life, and don't take him on a camo cycle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you're pretty visible - perhaps even loud with that camo! You win a prize for having one of the coolest and most unique stroms our there.
Very clever!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts