StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located V-Tom at Port Dover on Sat by useing frs radios. We had previously talked on the phone and as I do not have a cell, we chose a channel and when we each arrived, tryed the radio. On my first attempt I got him. He was about 6 blocks away and after finding an RV point (in this case the Tim Hortons) we linked up. Also good if one of a group gets separated.
Incredable gathering-needs more V-Stroms to make it more appealing to the masses!
Gerhard

·
Administrator
13,211 Posts
Looking at the map I think we were about 2 km apart when we made the connection although at that point it was not the best reception. There were lots of buildings in the way so I thought that was quite respectable.

Which way did you head back to Pembrooke?

..Tom

Located V-Tom at Port Dover on Sat by useing frs radios. We had previously talked on the phone and as I do not have a cell, we chose a channel and when we each arrived, tryed the radio. On my first attempt I got him. He was about 6 blocks away and after finding an RV point (in this case the Tim Hortons) we linked up. Also good if one of a group gets separated.
Incredable gathering-needs more V-Stroms to make it more appealing to the masses!
Gerhard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts