StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Brother Gerhard (whose user name here is "Gerhard") suggested this:

Post a picture of your V-Strom in a unique scenic area and see if other can find the spot. Ideally you should go to the spot and take a picture of your Strom there.

rules:

-If you know the spot don't blab it out and ruin it for others. If you know the location, send a private message to the original poster.

-(Gerhard or anyone else, How should we do hints? GPS co-ords? It's a big world out there..)

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ontario - Public transit

Found this streetcar to nowhere this weekend:

Clues:

Be a Pusey, Scout it out, I think it's closer from the other side but not nearly as much fun.

..Tom

·
Registered
636 Posts
They do something like this on another motorcycle forum I'm a member of. They call it "Motorcycle Tag" and the idea is that you post a pic of your bike with something in the background. Someone else has to ride to the location, take a pic with their bike in the photo and then post another pic of a different location and their bike.

They give clues like plays on word with the road name or town name or other such hints. I don't know if you could have V-Strom people from across Canada do this but Ontario-wide would be reasonable enough.......until someone parks their Strom infront of the Muskie statue in Kenora on a cross country tour. It'd make for a bit of a ride to get the game going again.

I have no idea where that old TTC streetcar is though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Just itching to see where the streetcar is! Think I know where Sturgeon's pic was taken. Hope the locations are eventually posted to answer these questions.
Gerhard

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just itching to see where the streetcar is! Think I know where Sturgeon's pic was taken. Hope the locations are eventually posted to answer these questions.
Gerhard
The sad thing is that I know I've seen the streecar, but damned if I can remember where. Not even a general area. Either I'm gettin' too old, or I've been too many places, or both :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gerhard
Gerhard,

I'm actually surprised you haven't seen it as I know you have been in the area!

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm guessing the Pusey reference/clue is for Charles J. Pusey and it's somewhere near the Kinmount, Irondale area?
You are in the right ballpark! Google Maps is your friend here!

..Tom

Find Pusey Ontario, Scout around for the Camp

·
Registered
806 Posts
I believe you got it. I was by there a couple weeks ago on my RZ350 with a buddy on his R1200GS. The GS is a better graval bikethen my RZ:D

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Scout reference and the HSR --> in the photo is for the Haliburton Scout Reserve on Kennaway Rd, Haliburton.
Correct in that it's on the road that has the Haliburton Scout Reserve. I didn't recall the exact name of the road and Google Maps doesn't have it listed. (But Kenneway sounds right so I am sure you are correct!) I know it isn't Kenneway *Lake* Road.

I think the HSR is west or the Streetcar, at least the signs for it are west of it, and the Streetcar was on the north side of the road so the Arrow was pointing east. The arrow appears to be pointing in the wrong direction if it meant to give directions.

Does anyone have any idea of what it is doing way out there? I know it is an older Toronto Street car, but what year is it from?

..Tom

·
Registered
538 Posts
Now I know why it looked familiar. A long-ago friend and her family have a cottage at Grace Lake, which is fairly near there. I spent at least one Thanksgiving there.

As for my picture, Gerhard and JGL351 both correctly id'ed Old Woman Bay, south of Wawa.

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was bored last month so I submitted my streetcar & Strom photo along with a non-Strom version to Panaramio. (I thought they might not put the bike one on there). They were both accepted and now you can find them on either Google Earth (You need to have Panaramio checked off under Geographic Web) or with Google Maps (You need to select More -> photos) to see them. Since they haven't been viewed much the icon is very small on Google earth, although the non-Strom icon seems to have enlarged itself in Google Maps.

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 50 Posts