StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm purchasing a Wee Strom used, and I don't have enough to pay flat. The dealership is having a hard time finding financing for me (although it was easy when I was going to buy a new one!) so I'm stuck for the moment. Has anyone had a similar experience? Does anyone have advice on where to proceed from here? And don't say "just save up like normal" !

·
Registered
302 Posts
Try Capitol One auto finance. The intrest rate is bit high for used bikes and cars but was the same as the rest of the banks for new

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Line of Credit?

SS

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
How about a regular good ole bank????:confused:

·
Cat Herder
2,480 Posts
A lot of banks/financers don't like to put up money for a used bike, or will only cover up to the market value of the bike. Doesn't help when buying used usually means buying a farkled bike, so the cost is higher than market value.

USAA was like that. I ended up getting an 09 WABS instead of a used model just because the ~6% rate was too good to pass up.

Just got to hunt for those rates like Rainier Tom did.

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
+1 on going to a credit union. It's true they won't finance more than the NADA value, but it sounds like you can cover whatever they don't.

I guess ARider and Hank is Here didn't actually read your post... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,338 Posts
Eventually

Are you SURE you can afford to pay off the loan? My daughter bought a used car on a new credit card, that offered zero interest for the first year (don't know if you can find such a deal now). Of course, they were banking (ar, ar) on the probability that she couldn't or wouldn't pay it off. She, of course, did, essentially getting a zero-interest-rate loan. But if she'd failed, she'd have owed ALL the interest, which woulda been a chunk of change. If you've got any equity in real estate, home-equity loans are available, and may be tax deductible. But you are betting your home that you'll pay off the loan, so, again, not unless you are SURE. Personally, I agree with those who say to save, then spend. At least that's how I do it. That way, I can sleep at night, not worrying when economic crunches hit (like now).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts