StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally got a VStrom. I have wanted one since 07 when a foreman at a plant I worked at let me set on his. The plant shut down in 09 and I retrained and graduated as a Medical Lab Tech and am working again. With the help of my son (we were ruined) I have the bike of my dreams. A nice black ABS 2011. Bought it at East End Cycle Sales in Huntington, WV. Nice people and got a good deal. Can't wait to put a lot of mile on it with my friend Jerry. He has an 07 with 69K miles. Attached is a picture of my baby. Can't wait to add my personal touch to it. I have read this forum for years hoping to get one and have got a lot of good ideas from you guys and gals. I hope to see some of you on the road.

Attachments

· Registered
1,262 Posts
Congrats. When my son bought a '07 Vstrom new I was a little jealous. Here was a bike that I liked a lot, but my son was buying it instead of me. This past spring, he decided to sell as he and his wife has a baby on the way. I bought it. This is a bike that I think of as a keeper.

Oh, don't let anyone convince you that the Wee's are ugly. I think they are very pretty. After all, beauty IS in the eye of the beholder and that black Wee is very very pretty IMHO.

Let the Farkling begin!

:hurray:

· Registered
45 Posts
Congrats, I also bought one July 30th. I need to do something about the windshield though. Riding on the Interstate I feel like Im on a bucking Bronco.
If you bought the bike after Aug 1st then go to the Suzuki web site and read the Promotion that they are having. You are eligible for hard bags and brackets 950.00 retail and you can get them for 199.00. Since I bought mine in July they wouldn't go for it. Curious to know what you paid for your bike.

· Registered
986 Posts
Welcome Pappy--its always a fun day when you bring home a new bike! Its part of the fun looking for the perfect windshield and making your bike fit--I'm real tall and my Vee is the first bike I ever owned that truly fit me--it opened my eyes to have a good fitting motorcycle for the first time!
Stroms are the Golden Labs of the motorcycle world--you are about to have some good riding fun. Enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.