StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Been wanting a Wee since 08 but always getting something different. I just got my 12 650 Adv model, what a nice smooth ride, dont know why I waited so long to take the plunge. Traded in my 10 C14 for this so hope I didnt make a mistake. Ive been following this site for years.

·
Registered
2019 Super Tenere
135 Posts
Congratulations on your good taste! Quite a jump from a C14 to a V-strom.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
I think you'll like the change. I went from a C10 Connie to the Wee, really liked losing those 200 lbs. of weight. I'm sure you'll occasionally miss the C14's motor though. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi,

I now have a 2009 C-14 - having come off a 2009 DL650. I wanted more wind stability, but I find I do not ride the Connie nearly as much as the DL - likely for several reasons - one is most of my riding is commuting about 8 miles to work - and I find the Connie a bit of a beast in traffic. I also think the 'Strom is better in the rain (except for having to lube the chain every 100 miles.)

RE: power - I am not sure, but it seems that the new DL may have just about as much available power as the Connie for the kind of riding I do... I ride 90% solo, and not very many long trips on the slab...One area that the Connie absolutely shines is overtaking/passing... although I do not recall having a problem with my '09 DL...

Like RichDesmond said, I would welcome shedding 200 lbs. of weight, although I would appreciate more feedback about the new DL's manners in the wind...and kellyet9, any of your thoughts re: comparisons between the C-14 and new DL are appreciated...

I am also thinking of some fire/logging rode riding in the mountains here in Oregon... it appears all who have tried the '12 DL off road say it is much better in this area than the old DL...

Another thing I may miss with the Connie is the macho image of having way more power than any human needs :yes nod:

Thanks for your info...

--John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts