StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbup:
The forecast for early to middle of next week: highs into the 40's! Woohoo!:hurray:
Now its just a matter of getting the bike from the garage to the road. Hopefully, between now and then there'll be some significant ice melting. Otherwise, I'll be throwing sand down...

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
about the same here for weather though we have a lot of ice and snow so I doubt i'll be on the bike in March!

·
Administrator
13,570 Posts
I announced to my friends last week that riding season starts for me after this weekend. Unless there is fresh snow on the roads I'm doing some riding. I don't think the Strom will be my default wheels for a few more weeks but it's coming!

...Tom

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, same here.
As much as I'd like to get on the Wee, I'll probably take out my XT250 first. The first couple miles of road at the end of my driveway will still have ice or crud on it next week. That little one likes to get dirty!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
It is so obvious from the posts, which riders live in the North/Northeast! This has been one desperate winter! I think some will go crazy if they don't get their bikes out soon, me included. Forecasting 40's this coming week. All we need is a good rain to wash away the salt and I am there!:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Had the Strom out today for the 1st time in 3 weeks. Seemed like forever. :yesnod:

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm with Syd. For me, after snow and ice, it's the salt that keeps me off the roadways. It won't be long, now, agonizing, maybe, but not that much longer. Then, very early spring riding, folks, you have to add elevation to the equasion. Ride up a couple thousand feet and it may very well still be winter! Adds to the fun of ride planning! Soon, friends, soon. :)
gary

·
Registered
898 Posts
Last week, I went to check in on my bike stored in a friend's barn. Couldn't even get TO the barn door because it's still blocked by a couple of gigunda icebergs! I'm PRAYING that we get some warm-enough weather this coming week to melt the ice off driveways and the reduce the height of all those piles of snow. Ugh!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I have about 1500 feet of snow and ice covered dirt road before I hit pavement. We need about 2 weeks of sunny sky 45 degree temps and about 15-20 mph wind.:yesnod: Is that asking too much? :confused:Because I'm asking!!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm recovering from a recent surgery so it's going to be awhile for me. I'm just hoping by the time the roads are ready I will be too....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Minnesota Nice

Got out for the second time ever on my new Strom.... First time it was 9˚F degrees today it was 50˚F, felt almost balmy!:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Getting close Down Under, too! :)

Still too hot, though. 36 deg C today. :(

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have about 1500 feet of snow and ice covered dirt road before I hit pavement. We need about 2 weeks of sunny sky 45 degree temps and about 15-20 mph wind.:yesnod: Is that asking too much? :confused:Because I'm asking!!!:mrgreen:

Ya...me too Bill! Then another week for the mud to dry up...lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
898 Posts
I nearly sh*t, yesterday, when I got into my car to leave a job site in western Mass and the outside temperature indicator on my dashboard read 60F! That's solar energy for ya but even the *real* 47F outdoors felt pretty darn good.

I'm watchin' that storm you mention, Pete, and hoping it passes us by. Bill will be happy to read that I've reached my breaking point and am whining "UNCLE"!!!

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
Hey Aus, not to rub it in but, yeah let's rub it in!:yesnod: Famous quote;

:fineprint:"All I'm saying is that I'm just not sick of it, much to my amazement. No one is more surprised then me! I'd forgotten how much fun it is to shovel those piles higher and higher, groaning a bit but enjoying the payoff of standing back and admiring my work. You make superbly-crafted baby rattles. I shovel a mean snowpile. I like walking in the stuff. Admiring the windblown drifts and the pockets of snow nestled high in the boughs. It's pretty darn nice to be (dressed properly - that's key) outdoors in winter in New England. "

1 - 20 of 64 Posts