StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Blue DL1000K7 from Alberta suzuki in Edmonton and rode her home today. Nice gently little break in ride, love her already. To top off the day I saw another V-strom(red) heading in the opposite direction just the other side of Bonnyville.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Cool Pool

Picked up my Blue DL1000K7 from Alberta suzuki in Edmonton and rode her home today. Nice gently little break in ride, love her already. To top off the day I saw another V-strom(red) heading in the opposite direction just the other side of Bonnyville.
Cold Lake, there's a blast from the past. I was there from 81-85, at AETE. Is it still there?

-Beensy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AETE is still there and operating. doing a lot of flying with new gear as we set up the upgraded F-18 avionics package and flight testing new aircraft purchases.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Aete

AETE is still there and operating. doing a lot of flying with new gear as we set up the upgraded F-18 avionics package and flight testing new aircraft purchases.
It's nice to know AETE's still going strong. I loved working at that place. I spent about 2 years working in the "design lab", then about 2 years in the "installations lab", the lab responsible for installing the flight test instrumentation on the aircraft. I worked on an old T33 (with original avionics!), some F5's, a 104, some helicopters (which helped me get my subsequent job at MBB/Eurocopter), but I mostly worked on the F-18, the first one in Canada -- #701.

Ah, the good old days... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts