StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up a used 2013 Glee Thursday or Friday. It is Blue with 2,600 miles, crash bars, skid plate and some auxiliary lights mounted to the crash bars. The guy purchased it new 7 months ago and is going back to a cruiser. I have been a member of this forum for a little while (no posts till now). I have enjoyed all the posts and support provided here. On the ride reports I notice a few folks ride in this area from time to time. I am looking forward to riding with some fellow stromtroopers that are located in and around southeast TN. The gravel/forest roads around this area are plentiful.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Congratulations, mine is 2013 as well, but white. I had a DL1000 - 2007 before.
The DL650 is as great bike, Suzuki did a great job renewing it.
I assume there is no differences in the bike between 2012 and 2015.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Congrats! Most of my family is in Cleveland/Ooltewah/Benton and I ride down there a few times per year. I'll let you know next time I'm down!

·
Registered
9 Posts
congratulations

His loss is your gain. I think you will really like the bike. I traded my Harley for this bike and I am totally satisfied.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Good for you! Congrats and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you.

·
Registered
175 Posts
His loss is your gain. I think you will really like the bike. I traded my Harley for this bike and I am totally satisfied.
Did the same. Shocking the difference.

I can only read and laugh at the "my wee has a vibration at 4800 rpm's" threads. Compared to the Harley it's like sleeping in a down bed covered with a down comforter on a quiet morning. :thumbup:

Sometimes at 70 MPH I wonder is the engine is even running! :yikes:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Contrats. Would love to see a pic of your new ride when you get it home.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats. I bought a 13 same colour (love that colour), mine was new old stock. I had it delivered last Thursday, too much snow to ride still. I am in the process of fabricating pannier racks for it now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I would express some frustration and provide an update.. I have the bike in the garage (that is the positive). I have a bill of sale and all original paperwork and cannot get a temp tag!!! They only give temp tags in TN for automobiles.... So I have a new to me scooter I can't legally ride! I should get title in mail in about 30 days. Some additional info.. The bike has givi lights wired to battery with a switch (hope I don't leave them on) givi engine guards and a ravetech skid plate and a shad top case. I am tickled with the $5,650 puchase price with under 3,000 miles. She is like new!! I will post pictures this weekend for you guys!! Looking forward to riding with some of you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats to you, friend. You bought a nice bike, and will get many trouble-free miles out of it. I have an orange-metallic 2012 model that I bought brand new. It has been a great machine. My ONLY single complaint about the machine is getting access to the air filter !
Other than time-consuming procedures for certain maintenance items (which, granted, don't have to be done that often), the bike is about as refined as you can get for a 650 twin. Ride safely, and BE SEEN.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Some thing is wrong here. You mean to say if a motorcycle dealer sells a bike the owner can't drive it until the registration is sent to them many days later?? I'd look into this a little more doesn't make any sense to me!

·
Registered
440 Posts
I bought my DL650 but kept the Harley. Don't know that I will much longer tough. I hardly ride it any more. I only want to ride the Strom.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You gave the guy $5600 and he didn't give you a title?!

Oh boy...
If there is a lien then on the bike then the seller doesn't have the title, does he?

The lien holder releases the title to the new buyer after funds have cleared. Some states like here in Texas hold the titles so it takes a few weeks to come from the state.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on purchasing the fastest year.
And color :)

I LOVE this bike. I don't have much to compare it to, but I don't need to look more.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Waiting to see if the title shows up... :lurk5:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts