StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lusting over the "new" Strom 1000's since they were released in 2014. I've spent the last 8-ish years on an '04 650, which has served me very well over the last 50k+ miles all over the country.

Well, it was time for the wife to get a new bike, and the local dealership not only had HER bike, it also had an '18 Strom 1k... buying 2 bikes gives you some good purchasing leverage, and my first ever brand new 0-mile bike is in the garage. I also talked them into a SW Motech center stand, bash plate and engine guards for almost nothing.

My bikes *always* get shorty adjustable levers, which I already have on the way. They also get bar end mirrors, and non-rubber footpegs. Has anyone here fitted bar end mirrors while either retaining the factory handguards, or using aftermarket bark busters? Also, where can I find a set of good quality, low-buck footpegs without the rubber bits? On my '04 650 I fitted a set of $20 KLR650 pegs from ebay which have held up wonderfully over the years. Any advice from the commune?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
On the 2014 the KLR will fit I expect it is the same for your bike.

PS: I'm jealous, nice bike.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rolex, do you happen to know what year KLR pegs fit the '14 Stroms? I know the KLR's are mostly the same through the years, but the more info the better. Thanks guys

·
Administrator
5,322 Posts
Yes, but underneath the rubber inset is just a shell with no gripping surfaces at all. They would be dangerous in the wet, and far less grippy than OEM.

From looking at the drawings the DL foot pegs look unchanged for many years and so the KLR pegs would most likely be a straight fit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I've got a bunch of parts already in the mail and am super stoked to get riding. This is the wife's new bike, 2019 Z650. She's a tiny 5'2", so it was really hard to find a bike that fit her and was still happy on the freeway. She spent the last 6ish years on a DR200, but that wasn't going to cut it with her new, much longer commute. She too is happy as a clam! Since picking them up Saturday, she's already got a few hundred miles on it. Now it just needs some luggage.

Time to go ebay-ing for KLR pegs... Anybody else have any favorite pegs for the Strom that aren't silly expensive?

·
Registered
14,819 Posts
Hola, nice that the wife is happy on her new ride. Many adjustments can be made to make it perfect for the needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts