StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So as it turns out, it took me almost exactly a year to finally get my V. I didn't even realise how close it was until I went to get the link to my first post here in the V-Curious forum and noticed it dated May 26 2010. Picked up the bike last Wednesday, May 25.

Gotten a little over 200km on it so far riding to work and back and to show off to a few friends/family, and I love it. My confidence is building fast, and I'm more certain than ever that the 1000 was the right bike to get. Now all I need is more time to ride it - really looking forward to getting out of the city and doing some longer-distance riding; however that will have to wait until after my new daughter is born sometime in the next week or so (not getting more than about 1/2 an hour away from home waiting for the call.)

And to close - I wanna thank everyone around here for the earlier help while I was still shopping/searching, as well as all the info I've gotten while lurking around and reading everything I could find. And maybe we'll get to meet up sometime for a ride.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome. Have fun with the bike. Good luck with all the baby stuff. Your riding time might be severely limited following the new arrival unless you have an absolute saint for a partner!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya - riding time is going to be limited in the short term. But I know if I didn't get the bike now, it'd end up being probably a whole 'nother year before I got it. Now at least even if I can't ride often, it's only as far away as the garage, so if something comes up that gives me a few free hours I have the option to ride. And I'm using it to get to work on nice days instead of the car, which gets me a little riding in, and saves a fair bit of gas.

Located out west, Edmonton to be precise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts