StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all these years I finally got my new White Wee. Been hanging around for years and enjoyed the pictures and info from this site. A friend and myself are going to do our bucket list trip to Alaska in 2012, so I figured this bike would be excellent for this. Let the farkling begin. Any suggestions are welcomed. Got a question about the ATV highbars. I would like to change bars and not risers. How high of a bar can you use without changing cables and brake line. Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike! You'll love it and I envy the opportunity to take it on a trip to Alaska ... wow ...

Regarding farkles, my suggestion is that you look at another seat. I've only seen a few comments from people here who said that what comes with the bike was good for long rides. In my case, I started noticing a problem after about 30 minutes.

After you've gone a few miles, you might also think about the suspension, particularly the front forks. These have gotten a lot of attention here, too.

But enjoy your bike! And please take advantage of the wealth of practical opinion available on this site. They can offer first-hand experience on just about any upgrade you can imagine.

Be safe and enjoy the ride. Hope to see you down the road!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats on the new bike.

The seat is a point that could use some im provement. I got a DL1000 seat and it works great for me. I may still upgrade to a Russel daylong at some point. Second for me was hiway pegs. Something to get a little strech and more out front. Some protection for the oil filter, I went with the SW-Motech Skid plate. Of course top and side bags are a must.

Have fun and enjoy the new ride.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Alaska

Get the latest issue of MILEPOSTS and it will give you the best information about western Canada and Alaska. You and your buddy are going to have a blast.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am also planning a trip to AK in 2012. I am riding my wee from FL to Los Angeles in April and leaving it there . I will fly out the first of July and head to Fairbanks via Cassiar. I will come back from there to Florida. If you are in the same time frame maybe we can coordinate the return trip. I have only three weeks off so it will be a bombing run back but it would be great to have company.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! I'm about a month and 900 miles into my own new White Wee, and I'm loving it more with every mile. I'm planning my own Alaskan trip, but not until 2013. Hopefully I can learn from your experiences. Enjoy and congrats again!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My suggestion is pretty obvious, but ciggie lighter/ USB sockets. I find it weird these have not become stock on 'touring' styled bikes. Nothing about 30 quid and and hour or so of soldering/cabling won't sort out.

Oh and congrats on the new bike!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts