StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waiting since September to get a new DL650 and, just a few weeks ago, I finally got it! I picked up my matte black 650 and I love it! I've got around 190 miles on the bike so far and I can't wait till the break-in period is over. I already ordered a center stand and some OEM hand guards, which I need to go pick up at the dealership. Of course, the weather hasn't cooperated much since I picked it up, but I've been riding every chance I get. I will keep an eye out for everyone else when I'm out.

·
Registered
194 Posts
its about time! and welcome. i ordered my oem hand guards last week. that should help with the wind on the hands.

al

05 wee

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The OEM handguards help a little with the wind.......key word.....a little. Get a good pair of winter gloves too for cold weather riding.

Enjoy the new ride. And as usual this thread is useless without pictures!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM handguards help a little with the wind.......key word.....a little. Get a good pair of winter gloves too for cold weather riding.

Enjoy the new ride. And as usual this thread is useless without pictures!:mrgreen:
Yeah, I need some better fitting winter gloves. I have some tour masters, but they are too stiff and tight to the point that I don't get good circulation which let's my hands get as cold as they would with my summer gloves.

I'm going to get some pics this weekend. I already got it a little dirty, so I need to wash it beforehand.

Mick

·
Registered
39 Posts
Congrats, I love the matte black.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I finally got some pics of my new strom last week. These aren't the best quality, so I'll try to get some better ones soon.

:D

·
Thats not real
104 Posts
Hello... Bike looks good

That matte black looks nice!!!
If ya ever want to hit the north ga fire roads, put a post up, ill go.
I'm in Snelllville.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
The matt black is real cool looking..........

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Enjoyed the ride today mx23.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome to the moneypit known as motorcycling.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes it was a nice ride.
Like hearing that 1000 when ya romped the gas, that thing sounded good.
I meet up with ya again.
Give me a buzz if you guys are ever in n. ga. Would love to ride with some fellow troopers.

·
Thats not real
104 Posts
Sure will

Hmmmm,Northwest Ga., havent been up there yet, Sounds like the start of good ride idea.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yea, Maybe we could do that some time.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments. I plan to get the bike dirty soon. I'm also a Subaru guy and I already love playing offroad, but I've never tried it on two wheels. Any newb offroad biking tips would be welcome.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have an Impreza Outback Sport, so I know what you mean! Although it is doesn't have the ground clearance of an SUV, it is a real blast off pavement! Handles dirt & gravel better than anything I've ever had..

As for 2-wheels, I'm no expert, but some basic pointers:

- Back off on the preload, especially on the rear shock. Keep it as soft as you think you can get away with.

- Momentum is your friend.

- Relax your grip and don't try to overcompensate for minor changes in direction.

- The Strom likes to lay down in mud and soft sand. Avoid if possible..:mrgreen:

I've seen some pretty good advice in other threads, so look around the site a bit; hopefully they are still there..

And I'd certainly be interested in doing a ride sometime with other locals here..!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an Impreza Outback Sport, so I know what you mean! Although it is doesn't have the ground clearance of an SUV, it is a real blast off pavement! Handles dirt & gravel better than anything I've ever had..

As for 2-wheels, I'm no expert, but some basic pointers:

- Back off on the preload, especially on the rear shock. Keep it as soft as you think you can get away with.

- Momentum is your friend.

- Relax your grip and don't try to overcompensate for minor changes in direction.

- The Strom likes to lay down in mud and soft sand. Avoid if possible..:mrgreen:

I've seen some pretty good advice in other threads, so look around the site a bit; hopefully they are still there..

And I'd certainly be interested in doing a ride sometime with other locals here..!
Thanks for the pointers. I'll have to find some safe places to practice my off road riding.

I have a 2000 Impreza L sedan which has been off road quite a bit. I've been many, many places that I probably had no business being, but got out just fine. Are you on NASIOC, by chance?

nfsnfs- Thanks! Just wait till I get some proper shots of my bike. Those were taken with an old, inexpensive Kodak point-n-shoot (5.0mp).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts