StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it in WA state, so by transferring title instead of doing a temp, saved 10.5% sales tax..... I have the Panniers coming too... kinda like waiting for Christmas Morning!

·
Registered
127 Posts
That's great that they honored the Oregon no sales tax.. That's one of the problems in California for us Oregonians.. they won't honor that. Great prices on bikes in LA but ya gotta pay the CA sales tax.

Nice bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I found a nice one in Redding, LOTS of extras, 1300 miles... Good price, but no way to get out of the tax... but this one was a better deal anyway....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I liked the Tan a lot, but I gotta say, it's way way way better in person.... Looks sooo good... Desert Strom!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hooray! That looks great.
My salesman mentioned not liking the Tan color. I told him that was good, because he wouldn't have to look at it any longer on his showroom floor!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats! I'm a huge fan of the tan, just not a fan of the tan seat. If it was me I'd scoop up a seat concepts seat and re-upholster. Awesome bike either way ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It will have an aftermarket seat soon enough..... We had 70's and sunny, and still no title... and no time as I was taking care of horse fence all weekend... Grrrr.... Looking like weather should hold through mid week. If that title ever gets here I might (Cough cough) be sick...

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
Youse boys that like that tan, Downs and I have spray canned ours to a similar color. Jeep calls theirs Mojave sand. I call mine Barstow Beige.
Why, from a distance it's almost handsome!:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
15,501 Posts
"ya gotta pay the CA sales tax."

A friend bought a BMW car in Palm Springs and was taking it to Oregon. The dealer had the car and him taken to Blythe where he signed the final papers and took the keys out of Calif and he was off.
If one were to ship the bike or haul it in a truck so that the bike never saw the Calif tarmac I think the dealer could avoid charging Cal tax.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nota. I think so to. To be honest, they didn't seem to interested, and I would up with a way better deal.

So your "nota"??

I am "Used2Ba" LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts