StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, After 2 weeks and 2 days, got all the stupid paperwork figured out, and it stopped pouring rain.... SO I got out with the two yahoo's that got me into this mess.... It's SOO different from sportbikes... still love that, but love this tour thing too.....

Need a skid plate, radiation guard, and to dust off my camping gear......

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yes, After 2 weeks and 2 days, got all the stupid paperwork figured out, and it stopped pouring rain.... SO I got out with the two yahoo's that got me into this mess.... It's SOO different from sportbikes... still love that, but love this tour thing too.....

Need a skid plate, radiation guard, and to dust off my camping gear......

Just where are you planning on riding? Lol.

Glad you finally got out there - enjoy the bike!

BTW, I raised the forks on mine 10mm, made the turn-in a little more sporty. YMMV.
After you get a few miles on it, set the rider sag and work on the suspension adjustments which will help with the geometry, too.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I played with it a bit today... scraped a peg feeler. I need to remember I am not on the TL1000R or GSX-R1000. It really surprised me how well it handles... I also really like standing up riding...LOL!

Reactions: bobbyvstrom

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, stupid spell check.... Weds on for this week here, 75-80 and sunny through the weekend. Heading to the coast!!!

Reactions: bobbyvstrom

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
That tan bike looks so much more Adventurous than those other two.
It's so nice and green there too.
We'se starting to dry out and have wild fires already.
Have fun!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Ha ha, your buds ride Stelvios.. you shouldn't have any problem leaving them behind in the twisties.. the handling on the Vee2 is amazing.. that said, the Stelvio is a nice bike too. Lots of character, haha.

Your bike looks great with those Givi bags on there.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I really like the looks as well. Can't wait for a little better weather, so I can put them to good use.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Did you get a ride on the Stelvio Mike? That was my dream bike for a while, I was a bit scared of the massive weight, but that issue with the head rollers was the nail in the coffin for me. A great looking bike though. Did your friends have any issues with the top end blowing up?

Looks like our Summer is going to start on Wednesday finally, can't wait. I will get a ride in this weekend.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have not rode one yet. Sitting on it, when you blip the throttle it does pull a little to one side due to rotation of the motor.... they sit nice. I was not aware of the motor's popping???

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That and the fly wheel is perpendicular to the wheel line I believe...

It did it even in neutral. Just wondering if you were crawling over stuff and har to rev a little if it could throw off balance. Probably just get used to it and don't notice.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I consider the torque reaction a feature of the MG, not an issue. Very manly. Like a P51 fighter or something. On the other hand, I like my effeminate VStrom with its horrible lack of any interesting engine habits. Takes a few minutes of riding to correct the compensation going from one to the other!

Reactions: Bugzy

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya, weather here got nice, and of course I got sick..... full blown, fever, the works... 1 1/2 days of missed work, went back today, but probably shouldn't have.

I will be riding almost all of next week.

they are saying mid 90's mon-tues.... lows in the 60's.... ugh, thats august weather.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts