StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Long time lurker, but after reading some great threads that finally tipped me over the edge, I recently traded my VFR800 for a mildly farkled 2005 DL650 that only had 13K miles on it. My aim is to use it for all my dual sport needs as well as a tourer. I am getting very attached to the wee beastie, and while there are a few things I don't love about it, it is a good all rounder and thats where it really shines. So far I have added the Givi 260 screen (already had the Madstad bracket), Acerbis hand guards, re-trimmed the rear fender (p.o. did a bit of a hack job on it) added a Delkevic Carbon can with custom baffle, custom crash bars, Pro Taper ATV bars, de-stickered it and a few more little bits that I will detail later when I upload some photos. Looking forward to getting putting some serious miles under it's tires as well as some spirited conversation with y'all!

Daz.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Welcome aboard. We all like our stroms a lot, and there are probably other strom riders near you to share rides and maintenance tips.

My aim is to use it for all my dual sport needs as well as a tourer.
Tire selection will make a big difference. Post more about the riding surfaces you'll be on, and you'll get good info about which tires are the best compromise for your choices. The big tire thread is a big help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts