StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I just purchased a new bike. Now that's the TL-twin I wanted when I bought my Vee! I did not realize the amazing effect of modifying the air/fuel mixture. Much smoother power at all revs. Ooooh, and that proper V-twin sound has me excited again.

Just wanted to share with some who could appreciate this Saturday afternoon mod.

Steve in Northern VA.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nice!

I've got my PC3 on the shelf waiting to be installed. Exhaust, no idea yet, may leave it stock for a while.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was really ready to give up on my DL1000 until I put on the Power Commander. It is clearly a different bike when it is getting an adequate fuel supply. It runs like a champ at ALL RPM's now!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Sounds great. May I ask how you chose your map? Did you have it dyno tuned?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Same set up professionally dyno tuned at Jett Tuning
(Map available upon request)

Smooth as butter from idle to red line and about 42mpg if I don't get too enthusiastic with the throttle (down to 35 if I do).

And the Anakee2's were a nice new addition over the weekend!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From the power commander website, there was a map that was configured for a k4-7 with 2Bros. exhaust:

311-007 2004 - 2007- Two Brothers slip-on exhaust (with inserts removed), Stock or aftermarket air filter

Turns out that map was already on my PCiii when I got it. So I just selected that map, and hooked it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts