StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
New to the group

Hello all. 45 From Pittsburgh Pa. Looking to do some riding on the open road this year. About to take delivery of an 06 leftover DL1000. It will be my 31st bike in 25 years. Multiple ownership at times but I go through them, heh.
Selling my 05 SV650 to get the DL.
The dealer says its 7680.00 for the bike. Retail in 06 was 8999.00.... I looked up the price on Kelley Blue Book and it says 6730.00--now.. So who is right? What should I be paying for an 06 leftover with no miles?
Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
New WeeStrom

Hi,

I am a proud owner of a new DL650! Sold my '05 Goldwing and bought the WeeStrom. Plan to use it as my daily ride. I had been contemplating this exchange for sometime after much research. Took the plunge and am thrilled and excited with it. Quite a switch from the GL to the DL. The first thing that occured to me was that this is what motorcycling is suppossed to be.....fun! I live in Edmond, Oklahoma, 62 yrs young, married 40yrs this Nov. Glad to have found this website and appreciate all the great info. Previous bikes include the above mentioned Goldwing, BMW R1150RS, Moto Guzzi Jackal, Honda Magna, 3 BMWs in the 80's, 3 Hondas in the '70's. Look forward to many happy miles!

Gefra2000

·
Administrator
17,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm glad to see that you guys are telling us a little about yourselves in this sticky posting.....but allot of your profiles are still empty. Git er done!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
I'm glad to see that you guys are telling us a little about yourselves in this sticky posting.....but allot of your profiles are still empty. Git er done!!!!!!!:mrgreen:
I'm afraid they misunderstood the goal of this topic.
Would be helpful to explain more detailed what kind of profile you really meant.

I would do it but you know my english... and after all you are the moderator. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
filling out a profile

Maybe I'm dense. Where do I go to fill out the profile? Thanks,

Texf6.

Strom On!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just wanted to say Hi From South East Minnesota, USA. This forum has been very helpful in getting my new 07 650 V-Strom ready to go on the open road. I got the bike in May, did the gel seat, the handlebar covers, Zumo 550 with the twisted throttle mount, blueant head set, and GIVI 52 w/lights, and a Tank pad, and 16 tooth front sprocket. I also tried the larger Suzuki wind shield, but was more impressed with the Stock one.

·
Registered
56 Posts
New to USA, new to Wee Strom

I am new to the USA, only having been here 3 months from South Africa via India and Europe. I rode a couple of BMW 650's back home. The last being a long hard decision between the Wee strom and a 650 GS. On that occasion the BMW won (the back up service for BMW in South Africa is awesome).

As soon as I had obtained my drivers in the US, the search for two wheels with a now depleted budget, thanks to having to set up a second home, began. This time the Wee Strom won. And yes this forum did help with the decision. :mrgreen:

Now what better way to get intimate a new bike than fly to New York, catch a train to Troy, and ride it back to Charlotte? None I can think of, and the 850 miles rolled by without the Wee Strom skipping a beat through souring temperatures. A nice intro, with the only negative being a numb left thumb and index finger……… go figure. Must be vibration coming through the bar.

After a little more time I may well post my comparison between the Suzuki and BMW, but up until now I have not been disappointed with my choice, and commute to work and back every day. Unfortunately I am only about 15 miles from work.

Anyway it is good to be here, and I look forward to doing some exploring when able to escape work. Great forum

Colin

'Le monde est un livre et ceux qui ne voyagent pas n'en lisent qu'une page.'
'The world is a book and the ones who don't travel read only one page of it.'
-Saint Augustin-

·
Registered
29 Posts
Getting more and more into the forum... fun

Profile updated as requested, sir..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everybody

Hi,

I am Napo,44, live in northern Italy and am the enthusiastic owner of a '06 mat-black Wee with 13k km on it now.. Had previously a Piaggio Ciao (50cc) and a VX800. I mostly commute with my "Blackie". Nice commuting, though. There's a "many-a-twistie" pass between home and office and I enjoy it everyday from mid-March till early October. In the Winter I just ride on weekends. I like all of my bike except the TW skins which I find fearful on the wet. Two or three times in a year I take a ride with my wife to the Dolomites which are just about 1 and 1/2 hour from my place. Those are the best rides.I wish I had more time for them but job and kids take most of my attention . Luckily, wife and kids enjoy riding so I often take a couple of hours out with them on weekends. Well, that's all this time I guess. I'll let you know more from here in the next days/weeks.

Ride safely
Ciao everybody
Napo

·
Registered
19 Posts
My Profile

Greetings Gentleman and Gentle Ladies,

I am a former die-hard cruiser chick. My former ride was a 2006 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT Classic. My husband says he opened my eyes to a whole new world (get your mind out of the gutter :rolleyes:) and introduced me to sport touring. So I traded up to my current ride of a 2007 Suzuki Wee-Strom. Have been accessorizing the stoo-poopy out of it too ... as our bank book balance will attest. I've added the GIVI hard bags and a GIVI windscreen. I have on order hand guards, a center-stand and tomorrow the risers will be installed. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! The Wee-Strom is a sure cure for Cruiseritis. :mrgreen: We live in SE Georgia on a dirt road that can at the best of times be a bit hairy to navigate on some motorcycles. The Wee-Strom handles it with ease and class. Plus, on the highway it is quite comfortable ... up to about 150 miles, that is. I think the risers will solve that little dilemma. I'm looking forward to many long trips on this little baby.

Have a good evening y'all! Ride safe and have fun! :cool:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Greetings from central Florida! My current ride is a blue '07 DL650, replacing an '07 Yamaha TW200 - from Turkey Whistle to Wee-Strom, what can I say!? With only 72 miles on my new ride, I can comfortably state that I am one happy camper doing my little 5.5 mile commute to work each day. However, I cannot wait until we head out with a group of friends to experience more distance with less distraction.

I just dropped over 5 bills last night on bike bling (Givi V46 & rack, Givi windshield, tank protector, and hand guards) in an attempt to either 1) begin preparations for many happy mile over the open road with my wife, or 2) completely alienate said wife. Let's hope it'll be the former...

My only regret to date is that I didn't know about this forum until AFTER the bike & bling purchases.

L8r~ sly

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Welcome

Sly glad to have you aboard. The wee is a fie bike and farkle abound. Hope to see/meet you at one of the many outings/events/meet n greets that we have in Florida. Please check out he Florida Troopers section for any upcoming event and happening. Lots on the list now already. Enjoy your ride and above all else,,,,,,, ride safe. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Greetings all from Galway Ireland. I have an '04 650 and i love this bike. It does everything. I am a 35 year old emergency nurse. Family commitments mean i dont get out to ride as often as i like but my wife is good at ensuring i get some time to do so. Hope to go on a road trip next spring, into europe hopefully!:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hi, midlife! I was in Galway for a week this summer for vacation. What an absolutely beautiful place! We hiked up Brandon mountain, and all over the peninsula. The only thing that could be better is if Ireland had motorcycle rentals!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I'm trying to put an avatar in my profile but I'm having problems.

In order to get it below the 19.5K size I need to make the thing sooooo small you can't even see it.

I have a Adobe Photoshop Elements to manipulate the pic.

Any help out there????

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You are doing a jpg file I hope. If you want, send me a PM. I'll give you my e-mail address. If you send it to me I'll compress it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
You are doing a jpg file I hope. If you want, send me a PM. I'll give you my e-mail address. If you send it to me I'll compress it.
Thanks Greywolf, I just thought of something though. I used our 7MP camera to take the pic and it was on the highest resolution setting. Maybe if I take the pic at a lower res it'll work better?

I'm at work now and will give that a shot when I get home.

I'll let you know if I need any more help.

BTW, it is a .jpeg file.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in Alberta, Canada. I just picked up my v-strom three weeks ago and already have over 2000 km (1250 miles) on it. When I was in high school I had an '82 Maxim 750. I had been bikeless for ten years. Then I rode a friends v45 and got the itch again. The vstrom was the best fit for me at 6'9". The BMW 1200 gs felt a little better but it was also twice the price. I am pretty happy with it so far. I did order a new seat (corbin) and pipes as well as a givi top case and crash bars. You have a pretty good site here with lots of great info.

Noel.

41 - 60 of 247 Posts