StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 247 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
What if people dont want to fill out there profile? You ask some personal questions, like my occupation, where I live, hobbies. What does my occupation have to do with this forum, non the less my hobbies and where I live(and no, i dont want another fellow forum member to come over and help me with repairs or group riding, because I know that is what your gonna say about the "were you live" part.)? Getting kind of personal dont you think? Im only here on the forums to better my knowledge of repair, upgrades, stuff about the bike, Im not intrested in anyone profile what so ever, I dont see what the big deal is. Im not here to make friends, Im here to better my knowlodge about my bike and thats all.:p
Looks like that avatar fits you quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Vinny's not paranoid...

They really ARE out to get him! :evil:

He's figured us out. The bikes are a cover - this "forum" is simply a way to get people to reveal personal identity information. We are really Internet ID Thieves running a massive meth-lab and crime ring that stretches across the globe.

I mean really. Look at the damn bike! You would HAVE to be on drugs to think it's anything less than FUUUUUUUUGLY!!!! :D:D:D:D

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
Me thinks MORTAINE has returned.

·
Administrator
17,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Nobody is trying to pry into your personal life, we are just simply trying to see where people are located and what they ride.:rolleyes: If you don't want to fill out anything else......no problemo. I think that it is unfortunate that you have no desire to meet people and make friends here, but that is your right.;) I have met some "great" people and friends from this forum, and it has been a wonderful way to meet guys and gals, that share my love for motorcycling and having fun. Best of luck to you Vinny, maybe you'll come to change your mind someday.

Later,

JB

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
Vinny,

I understand your thoughts but (except MonkeyGrass who is an agent :mrgreen: ) nobody asked for your bank account no. Neither your precise address nor phone number.

Here in Hungary I met some dozen of people during some Strom get together. I found some 2 people out of 10 (average) as "good guy". And I already needed their help in my private life. ;)

Maybe some day you will need a little assistance along the road but none of us knows you.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts

Just like in the song "Ain't hidding from nobody, Ain't nobody hidding from me!

I have met some of the coolest people from this site so give it a chance!

Mystrom (feel free to check out my profile)

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
BTW - Big B is a stalker with quite a bit of free time on his hands. Thus the reason he wants to know where you are from.

Actually, its so that once you piss him off, he knows were to ride to kick your ass.

Just FYI.

:twisted:

Tige
I stand by what I said earlier.

:twisted:

Tige

·
Registered
25 Posts
New Trooper

I just got my first V-Strom 1000:-D . I have been looking for this bike for over a year. They seem to be a rare beast here in North Carolina. I found a new 06 in Virginia and bought it the next day. I've been riding a 02 Nomad the Strom is like night and day. I feel like I'm in a sports car compared to my Nomad. Glad I found this site lots of good info.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Not rare on the road, but hard to find on showroom floors.

You know, this is the Harley Belt. Not much call for those "ugly ass rice burners, boy!"" :D:D:D

There's several NC Strommers on the board here - welcome and stay a while.

·
Registered
10 Posts
1st post

I live in Minneapolis, Mn I just traded my 04 midnight Road Star Silverado:sad: on an blue 07 DL1000:shock: . So I'm a real novice at the dual sport world:? , I'm 58 and bored to death with heavy cruisers:neutral: , lets face it you can only do so much with one of those things, and over the last 45 years I've done just about everything that can be done on and with one. So I'm looking for a new adventure and the V-Strom looked like a really good choise. I ride between 8000 and 20'000 miles a year, so I decided on the 1000 because of the long trips I take. I'm an avid hunter and fisherman, and love to take off for the week end with a fishing pole and small tackle box on the bike and look for a good fishing hole, problem is most good fishing holes are just not very accessable on a heavy cruiser:cry: . So I've ended up in the past with more fish stories in a bar than with fish:rolleyes: . When I looked at some the posts and pictures on this site I decided that this might be the answer, so here we go:shock: . I'm sure I'll be meeting some of you this summer some where on the road. Till then, God Bless and ride safe.
Harry

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Hi lynharry, nice to see you vonstrom. This site seems to bring new members every couple hours. Pretty soon you wont be able to look around without seeing a strom. Otto, make sure and check out the ride's planned for the N.C. mountains this spring. Welcome to our forums.J.R

·
Registered
1 Posts
starting my second year

I only put 2200 miles on my red, 2006, 650 last year. lots of rain. I am planning a trip from kansas city to the north shore of lake superior. camping/fishing etc. I plan to be gone ten days and add 1500 miles to the odometer. We need some bonding time. I made an affordable hard case for the rack of my wee with twice the capacity and only 30 dollars. will show you all when I have more time. It is kinda redneck but I call aces, aces. My 650 practically drives itself. I just do a little leaning and my little buddy does the rest. sometimes it feels like i'm on a track. great machine so far!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
new member profile

StromLander.from Ontario Canada near the Big Nickel 04 650 blue old enough to know better.not old enough to quit bikingthat is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Newbie trooper/old fart

After all these years as a dealer (52 years) and rider, it sure is nice to be a newbie at something. Started my shop in 1956 in my dads 2 car garage with Royal Enfield Indian and took on triumph in 1957. Was still in Highschool at the time and had 2 years riding class c dirt track under my belt. In 1957 I got a new factory Triumph and rode it on the old beach course at Daytona in 58 & 60. advanced to expert the next year and rode the speedway in 62 & 65. Earned a natl.#57 and retired from bikes to go sprint car racing in about 72. After a few years getting my butt kicked all over the east and midwest, I decided to slow down and try my hand at formula cars. Raced imsa cars and scca. After a 3rd at Daytona and three Marrs championships, and more miles and bent cars than I care to remember, I hung it up in 87.

Whats this have to do with Vstroms? Hang in were getting close.

In the early 80s I got my private pilots lisc. and an old stearman biplane which I still fly. But my love for flying and riding often made for difficult choices untill a flying buddie came up with the perfect answer.

Lets stuff 2 bikes into the back of his Cessna conquest turboprop, and fly to Mexico. I was hooked after that.

Since then (1990) I have riding all over the east coast of Mexico, Yucatan, Belize, and Cent. America. As of last year, 18 trips.

I have done it on XL650 Hondas,DR650s, Twice on ST1100 and the last three years on the DL1000.

By far, the DL was the best allround ride of all.

If you are thinking of a trip down the east coast of Mexico, Give me a shout.I may be able to give you some advice as to paperwork Etc. I'll be down there in Nov. 07

Carl

·
Registered
27 Posts

Hi, Ihave been ridiing for 60 years. and owned at least 30 bikes of of every kind. I have a 06fjr1300ae and a new 07 weeabs. After 3 speeding tickets on the fjr it is time to slow down. I absolutely love the wee.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just another satisfied User

Hey all, I am new to this so bear with me. Just got the bike a month ago, and with some help from my friends I have over 1800 miles on it. Just last weekend, we went for a Deals Gap weekend. Well worth the time and minimal monies. The trip was heavy with Strom Troopers, there was 4 of us riding down together and enjoying a fantastic weekend with some great ride time.:)

Hope everyone is as impressed and satisfied as I am with the Strom.:cool:

07' Silver 650DL :twisted:

21 - 40 of 247 Posts