StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
I recommend SRA3112 which is the thin gray metal rack, but another option is SR3112 + one of their separate ugly plastic mounting plates (M5 or M7).

You may have to buy two longer bolts to make either of these options work with that OEM side cases. That discussion has happened *HERE*.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recommend SRA3112 which is the thin gray metal rack, but another option is SR3112 + one of their separate ugly plastic mounting plates (M5 or M7).

You may have to buy two longer bolts to make either of these options work with that OEM side cases. That discussion has happened *HERE*.

Awesome thanks for the assistance.

·
Registered
185 Posts
@TinyBear

The SR3112 is a support system for the factory rear rack, which is a composite. The extra support for the factory rack very likely increases it's strength. I've seen a broken rack. Then, you add a mounting plate for your particular box. Givi monoKEY boxes have different plates than monoLOCK boxes. The M5 & M6 plates are for monolock boxes. I believe, but I am not absolutely certain, that monokey plates are specific to certain monokey boxes, so you need to get the correct plate. Mono lock and mono key plates both bolt to the SR 3112 support and horizontal, flat mounting rails.

I just did this install on the weekend, and I also have the factory side cases and it all fits nicely. See other thread about need for two longer bolts to go through the OEM side case body mounting rails. Hope I did that correctly.

https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2017/421543-monokey-topcase-oeam-panniers-oem-rear-rack-max-load.html

·
Registered
184 Posts
@TinyBear if you haven't ordered this stuff already price it out at motostorm.it you might save a bundle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I have the SRA3112 on my VStrom 650 XT (2018) witch the Givi trekker outback top case 42l and I have make more than 6000 km with no problem,

The product quality is good

1 - 8 of 8 Posts