StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was picking up my daughter from soccer (eu football), rode there, parked the bike, left it sitting in the sun about 20 minutes, then we got on and I started it up but the red FI light remained on. Bike was running fine, so I switched power and FI light went out and the ride home was normal.

Is this an indication of something bad about to happen? I have a bit more than 2 weeks before my big trip. How does one troubleshoot an FI condition?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Only a dealer or somebody with a Suzuki SDS tool or a HealTech Suzuki OBD tool can read an old code. The FI light has to be on for dealer mode to read a code. See FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

What do you mean by "switched power" with the bike already running?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You might want to have a dealer check for stored codes or ride the bike in dealer mode for a while.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I think if the cables have stretched to the valve on the exhaust it will throw a F1 and that would be my guess.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think if the cables have stretched to the valve on the exhaust it will throw a F1 and that would be my guess.
The bike has been backfiring during decel since I replaced the exhaust with a slipon. Maybe I should get rid of that exhaust valve too?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Just before going away to attend our annual gathering my F1 light came on while taking the bike down to refuel. :headbang:

Was not on after refuelling but returned a week later.

I put the bike into dealer mode and received this error code - C46 EXCVA Sensor Circuit Malfunction

Check the workshop manual for the fault finding technique and on undoing the connector to the EXCVA found it to be covered in a white crust.

Cleaned the connector and so far its all been OK.

While I had it in dealer mode I also reset the TPS as it was out, much easier on this bike than the older Vee :yes nod:

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts