StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three times now, 2014, recalls done 750 miles. Twice coming down through the gears for rural stop signs and once just cruising along. They clear with a turn off and on of the key. Any thoughts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Ride the bike in dealer mode so you'll get a code pointing out the problem the next time it happens. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

The Vee2 looks to have 2 W/R wires in the connector. You want the one from the ECM connected to B/W ground to put the bike in dealer mode. It will probably be set up the way the other models are with W/R and B/W right next to each other.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Literally just had this happen yesterday. Bike would run fine, but the FI light came on twice. I borrowed a "dealer mode switch" from a buddy of mine that works at my local dealer.

Could the exhaust servo be out of adjustment or something? I'm only at 6300 miles...

·
38,049 Posts
Get the code and the code will point to the problem area.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had the same issue. Brought it to dealer and they said it was exhaust servo cable needed adjustment. Said it wasn't a warranty item, and it was a minimum 109 shop charge to adjust cable.
Complained to Suzuki North America, and they opened a case. I explained if it is routine maintenance, why does it not say to adjust it in the manual. Didn't do any good, they told me to pound sand. Paid the dealer, brought it home, and it was great for two weeks. Light started coming on again. I tightened all the slack out of cable, and problem is solved. Hadn't happened again in the last 1000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
38,049 Posts
That's only one possible cause of an FI. The cause in this case needs to be determined.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I had the same issue. Brought it to dealer and they said it was exhaust servo cable needed adjustment. Said it wasn't a warranty item, and it was a minimum 109 shop charge to adjust cable.
Complained to Suzuki North America, and they opened a case. I explained if it is routine maintenance, why does it not say to adjust it in the manual. Didn't do any good, they told me to pound sand. Paid the dealer, brought it home, and it was great for two weeks. Light started coming on again. I tightened all the slack out of cable, and problem is solved. Hadn't happened again in the last 1000 miles.
How can one tell if the exhaust servo cable needs adjusting and how does one do it?

thx.

pmk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a similar issue, I had FI light coming on with the fault code for second throttle body actuator or similar, problem ended up being the switch on the clutch. The plunger was stuck in.

·
38,049 Posts
Can u zero the Throttle Position Sensor with that?
It's great for setting the TPS and for doing a TBS. You can read the TPS position and adjust it with the bike not running. A TBS can be done pretty much by the book instead of hoping to get close as it can lock the ISC valve at the proper step while doing the air screw adjustment. That reminds me I need to sell my HealTech Suzuki OBD tool.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
(I miss Greywolf!)

Can any of you tell me where the jumper will go to put my 2015 DL1000 into dealer Mode? I see where the plug is and being a bit colour blind I would like to know which plugs to jumper?

thanks,

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
Here is one shown for the 650, 1000 is the same:
Thanks!

Just to be clear are you sure it is the same for the **2014+** DL1000?

Edit: Actually I see you have a 2014 so I guess you are sure... thanks again!

..Tom

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'd like the switch for sure, and will probably get one along with the scan tool when the time comes. Then again, I havent as yet seen a $16 paper clip...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts