StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was riding my Vee2 to work yesterday when about 20 mins in my FI light came on. I pulled over, turned the bike off and on and it disappeared. About 15 mins later the same the happened, so I turned it off and on again. About 20 minutes after that the same thing again. On my way home from work it was fine up till about the 40 minute mark then the light made an appearance again, same deal off and on and it happened again about 15 minutes after that.
Also for the first time it stalled during downshift coming up to a bend (the FI light was on at this point also).
I have recently installed Oxford heated grips, the newer style with just the two connectors straight on the battery.
My ecu part number ends in 1 where I believe the faulty ones ended in 0 and the replacement ones ended in 2 from memory.
Bike is pretty much stock; no slip ons or anything like that yet.
Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had same issues. I was pissed, because my stupid shop would not warranty the issue. Suzuki days it's a maintenance issue. Easy fix. It's the exhaust valve butterfly. The cables have loosened up. Just tighten them up and problem fixed. Easy peasy. By the way, it does not state anywhere in the manual that this is general maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had same issues. I was pissed, because my stupid shop would not warranty the issue. Suzuki days it's a maintenance issue. Easy fix. It's the exhaust valve butterfly. The cables have loosened up. Just tighten them up and problem fixed. Easy peasy. By the way, it does not state anywhere in the manual that this is general maintenance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The bike is a month old, I am about to contact them about it. If they claim that to be a maintenance issue they will receive an ear full!

Just had a quick look, how loose should they be one is pretty tight with no movement and the one on the other side has a bit of free play? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the code every FI generates and it will point to the offending area. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes
Thanks, I have disconnected the battery to make sure I didn't screw up the fool proof task of installing the grips so the codes would've cleared, but next time it comes up and I'm not in a rush to get to work I'll be checking them.
(Y)

·
Administrator
13,816 Posts
Have you had the recall done on your bike?

I washed my bike (to get rid of the salt and crap) on a Sunday in January then rode about 20 km to a gas station (to get ethanol free gas.) On the way to the station the FI light started coming on. While riding I turned off the bike and turned it on again but the light came right back. I got to the gas station no problem but it would not start after filling. Strange clicking under the seat when I hit the starter but no go. Booster didn't help. I had it taken to the dealer and it did start the next morning but not the afternoon. One of the recall issues (I had them all) caused the issue.l

..Tom

·
38,103 Posts
A Suzuki SDS tool or a HealTech OBD tool for Suzuki will reveal stored codes. Disconnecting the battery has no effect on them. Active codes are cleared when the ignition is turned off so, if you intend to use the dealer mode connector shorting system to read the code, carry a spare key to access the dealer mode connector under the seat while the ignition remains on. You can also ride with the bike in dealer mode with no negative influence on the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It came back on and I got codes C28 and C65, So I assume its just the Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator. Doesn't that sound like fun!

·
38,103 Posts
Cleaning and lubrication the linkage and moving parts in the throttle bodies usually handles that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cleaning and lubrication the linkage and moving parts in the throttle bodies usually handles that.
Thanks GW, what sort of lube do you use for that? I'm taking the tank back off and giving it a go, would rather have my bike in my garage than to give it back to the dealer for an unnecessary amount of time.

·
38,103 Posts
I've never had to do it but I've read about people having success with WD40. I think I'd prefer an anti corrosion lube like ACF50.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts