StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My strom has started to develop a quirk. It's not a major issue (yet) but it's something I've noticed it started doing recently....

If I start the bike while it's going through it's boot sequence (?) immediately after turning on the ignition key, it'll throw a FI warning light and won't run the fuel pump. If I let it go thru it's boot cycle then it starts fine. It never used to do this - I was always able to start the bike regardless of if it was initializing or not.

I know everyone is going to say "Just let it go thru it's boot cycle then" but I was just curious if anyone else has seen a similar issue and/or knew what the cause was?
  • 2012 650
  • recently changed out the loom
  • 76000 miles and counting

·
Registered
21 Posts
Once in a while I have to wiggle the wiring going to the stop switch on the right bar before my pump charges the system, perhaps you have a bad connection there or you might try spraying some Tef-Lube (or similar) in around the stop switch and toggling it back and forth...It might be as simple as that getting dirty...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Put the jumper on the connector that throws the bike into dealer mode, then the code will tell you where to look.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts