StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and searched and deep in the archives found the answer.

I'm just posting this in case some poor soul comes across the same issue.

You're bike was running fine, you were messing around under the seat or had a rough bump, bike starts, stalls, and you are getting the red FI light.

No problem do the dealer jumper trick and check the code but it comes up C00 = No problem/normal.

You chase your tail or if like me you just bought the bike and the previous owner thinks they are a wiring macgyver but he is in fact a ninja arsonist/weekend ruiner.

Check your tip over sensor.. I repeat CHECK YOUR TIP OVER SENSOR!

Under the rear seat to the right(facing the front of the bike).

Looks like this(can't link pictures) Google it! But it says up and has a rubber grommet/surround that looks relay like.

ALSO!
May god have mercy on your soul for the hours you spend with your family instead of getting so mad you consider setting the bike ablaze:grin2:.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also because i'm a newbie peasant i'm unable to edit my post but I wanted to add some search tags to get people to the best site out there for their V-strom.

V-strom
DL1000
V-strom 1000

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A TOS problem will show a C23. FAQ: Dealer Mode & FI Error Codes

Did you possibly turn the engine off before getting the C00? Turning the engine off will clear the code unless it is still present the next time the engine is turned on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't turn the bike off and did the dealer trick in every conciveable order..

Still C00 and never threw that code even with the key on, FI light on and in dealer mode..

It's an 02 and it might be a quirk but i'm very good at this stuff and hopefully it helps someone else who's stuck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dude!!! This saved me; thank you so much. I have an '02 DL1000, was working on stuff under the seat, broke the top of the rubber mount for the tip over sensor and then hung it on it's mount upside down. I didn't realize what it was, and didn't think twice of it until I read this post. I had C00 displayed in dealer mode, and in normal mode it would show FI and be a constant flash of the red light, so it was real puzzling that it implied there was a code, but there never was one. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts