StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a recent development on my wee, which does have 98,000 miles on the FI system. when I decelerate fast, or sometimes just dry revving it and let off the throttle the rpm's will dip well below the idle point, down to like 200 rpm's then settle back up at 1100 rpms, this is also accompanied by the bike sputtering at high rpm pulls to redline when under load. it was really noticeable when trying to loose my tail on angeles crest highway friday... (my friend's bmw 355is) perhaps I was flogging my little wee a little hard... since i've never taken those corners at 80+mph before, and topping the bike out at 115mph indicated in the straights. also, for the first time ever I noticed the rubber on my bt023's being pulled off the tire in little rubber balls ( i've seen this on sports bike tires but never on this style of tire)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Your normal idle setting should be at 1300rpm, not 1100. The idle speed adjuster is pictured. High rpm missing, assuming you aren't bouncing of the red line speed limiter, is often due to a clogged high pressure fuel filter. See the test at Fuel flow check and a cure, if needed, at External Fuel Filter modification

·
Registered
858 Posts
is that weld cracked in the picture?

·
38,103 Posts
The picture is from the manual. I doubt it but who knows or cares.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is it true that a fuel filter runs in the 200-300 $ range? I'm not inclined to add an external filter, I mean if the bike makes it 98000 miles between filter changes I doubt i'll ever have to do it again, so i'm not concerned with reducing the labor required for next time

·
38,103 Posts
Yes. the stock filter is very expensive. Some people will just get a new fuel pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts