StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 DL650A - 16,800 miles. I did my first valve clearance check (everything in spec). On first start up I get FI error (red FI light illuminated and FI displayed alternating with odometer readout). I've just read a bit about dealer mode and getting a specific code. I have not yet done that. In the meantime, any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Double check all the wires and hoses that plug into the airbox, most common place for error on reassembly.

Reactions: Motor7

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Double check all the wires and hoses that plug into the airbox, most common place for error on reassembly.
Good call, I did miss a hose going into (or adjacent to) the airbox. Started up and I still get the FI error. Disconnected the battery hoping to clear the code but I still get it. :(

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
What dealer mode code do you get on the display? The code will give a guide as to what the bike / ECU is not happy with.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Does it idle and run up ok??

Valves out of spec will not throw a check engine light so something did not get plugged back in, or you crossed wires or vac tubes. Did you unbolt the the whole front cowling and move it up and out of the way like I did? If so, something might have come unplugged going to the instrument panel.

There is a vacuum line that goes to the gas tank, and it usually falls down into the nest of wires and tubing....make sure it is on.

Read this thread, put it into dealer mode, then read the error code:
https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,7061.0.html

Just a WAG, but I wonder if the engine coolant sensor did not get plugged back in when moving the radiator?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Does it idle and run up ok??

Valves out of spec will not throw a check engine light so something did not get plugged back in, or you crossed wires or vac tubes. Did you unbolt the the whole front cowling and move it up and out of the way like I did? If so, something might have come unplugged going to the instrument panel.

There is a vacuum line that goes to the gas tank, and it usually falls down into the nest of wires and tubing....make sure it is on.

Read this thread, put it into dealer mode, then read the error code:
https://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,7061.0.html

Just a WAG, but I wonder if the engine coolant sensor did not get plugged back in when moving the radiator?
Dealer mode indicates C13 - IAPS Double checking the harnesses and hose around there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it sorted out. I had missed both of the hoses associated with IAPS. Took me two tries to realize I hadn't reconnected ether. Solved the error code immediately. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts