StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a beakstrom finally after lusting after them forever. Beautiful piece of work. I'm after some extras for it though, and wondering if you guys can give me some input on best way to go, if even possible:

Bar ends - looking at a few options, but most bar ends seem pretty plain. Is the strom a standard 7/8ths or 1inch?
Frame Sliders - looking at the Puig ones coz they don't look like hockey pucks. Anyone had experience with them?
Fuel tank filler - is it possible to replace the tank ring without replacing the filler cap? I want a black outer ring to match the black filler cap rather than the silver it has now.
Low beam headlight - is it possible to adjust the LOW BEAM without taking off the dash? I read here that you can adjust the high beam with a long driver, and I've felt out the screw for that...but from what I can see the low beam is hidden behind the tacho...
DRLs - has anyone found home installable DRLs and/or LED headlights for the beaky?
Gear shifter - is waaaaay too far in towards the bike for my giant feet. Is there an easy way to widen it out so I'm not twisting my leg sideways to get a toe onto it? or do I just go for the motech extendable?

Thanks for your patience guys. I know it's a lot of questions at once but I've been trawling the forums and google for a while now and i'm getting a little....braindead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can only try to help with your last question - I don't have experience with the others.

That's made by an innovative forum member.
I've seen his page :) the problem is that's extension away from the peg. I need extension sideways away from the body of the bike...

·
Registered
15,605 Posts
Yah, that head light thing... I think there are 2 screw that make the lights go up and down. I'se got the 1st version (an '04). The bulb has the high and low filament so any adjustment will affect both.
I did the E Beaver wiring and the light are brighter but still low on the roadway.
If you want a black filler ring, take it off and paint it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Note the forum involved. Vee2s have separate high and low beam lamps.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
You can raise the shift lever so that your foot gets under it easier. That might help.

·
Vendor
5,420 Posts
Swingsets recommendation has merit. Your foot angles down when in a neutral position. Either raising the stock length gear shift lever or extending it further out will help. There are two adjustment methods, course and fine. If you decide to simply raise it I suggest first adjusting the length of the connecting rod instead of repositioning the clevis on the gear shift shaft extending from the transmission. That will probably be enough for you.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
Strom bars are 7/8".

The dash is easy to get off, it is just two allen key bolts at the bottom and a couple of those push pin type clips at the top, push the center in and they pop off, then you just unclip the rest and it pulls away. Then you can see the lights inside. I haven't messed with alignment on mine, so cannot assist with that. Shouldn't that be a warranty issue? Take it back to dealer and let them adjust it, then you won't get hit with a bill if you break something.

There are some posts about replacement lights for this bike, you just need to find it.

Adjusting the gear shifter is really simple, there are some posts about that on here too. Undo the two bolts on the long silver shaft, they both turn the same direction, then just turn the bar with your fingers to adjust it. If you need more adjustment, you can move the peg mount up one spline on the shaft and then readjust again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help everyone. Richlandrick looking at your site, i can see myself spending way too much money there XD I'm definitely going to go with one of those shifter extenders and probably some mirror wideneres as well :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts