StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My buddy just texted these, so I know he's not driving, LOL.
I love that 650, except for that funky looking muffler set up, but it will be awhile, before I get one. Sitting on 5 bikes now, so something gotta go.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
The overall yellow/gray/black color scheme isn't bad. That screaming yellow zonker of a V-Strom logo makes it look more like a kid's toy than an actual bike.

And gold rims? Yeesh. Has Suzuki decided to target pimps as part of their new marketing campaign?

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suzuki really needs to hire some designers, that yellow scheme with the busy graphics and the gold wheels looks like a creature ate 5 different motorcycles and puked this up!
The overall yellow/gray/black color scheme isn't bad. That screaming yellow zonker of a V-Strom logo makes it look more like a kid's toy than an actual bike.
And gold rims? Yeesh. Has Suzuki decided to target pimps as part of their new marketing campaign?
That yellow seat , what are they thinking?

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
That yellow seat , what are they thinking?
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of colored seats on a day to day bike, but I can appreciate how they can look on a display bike. It IS a lot of yellow, though:grin2:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Those are the same color rims on the DRZ400SM but at least the SM has matching paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
I saw them in Orlando a couple of months ago.... they look good in the flesh... errr the metal... lol
Even the yellom bumblebee....
You should have seen the metallic orange boulevard!!
I'll fish some pictures to post
Regards,
Patrick

·
Registered
975 Posts
Suzuki really needs to hire some designers, that yellow scheme with the busy graphics and the gold wheels looks like a creature ate 5 different motorcycles and puked this up!
agree. black'n'white with mag(?) wheels is very purdy, imho.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They need an Italian or German Designer, specially for the EU motards point of view.

·
Administrator
6,392 Posts
I have to agree that it is "bits of yellow added on" rather than an integrated colour scheme. Any design student could surely have done better.
What does impress me are the USD forks on the XT model.
The gold rims will be the same part as used on other Suzuki models. It looks even worse still if you imagine black, red or silver instead. Gold for me thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
For some reason it looks better in this picture :confused:

If you stare at this picture long enough, you will eventually see a motorcycle.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Inverted fork on the 650? It's about time!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Everytime i see it, i think how much time those owners will spend cleaning their bikes.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The black 1000 XT has my attention, the yellow is just too far out in left field for me. Too much Saki while drafting that color combo.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts