StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FerrySTOC 3 is coming soon. May 17-20, 2012 and it will be headquartered at the primitive section of the campground at Paris Landing State Park in Buchanan, TN. We will have long distance riders from numerous states including CA, FL, and WI. There will be sport touring and ADV style GPS routes available as well as group rides.

I want to provide an open invitation to any Stromtrooper riders, sport touring riders or ADV riders who want to join the event. This started as an st-owners.com event but it continues to evolve and grow as we are a non-bike specific group. If you have a Honda ST1100 or ST1300 that is great but it really does not matter what you ride. Please, ride with ATGATT and safety as your priority and you will fit right in. There will be cobbler, pie, group rides, pizza night, cool door prizes, a large tent in case of rain and more.

The Paris Landing Tourism League provides me with some working capital to host this event. Shirt sales help offset costs so purchase a shirt and help the cause. Shirts are long sleeve, moisture wicking material for optimum riding comfort in all weather conditions. These sales help provide FREE CAMPING FOR THOSE WHO REGISTER. Purchase a shirt and you are autiomatically registered for the event.

The basic theme: There are 4 major rivers (Tennessee, Cumberland, Ohio and Mississippi) and 4 working ferries (Houston-Benton Ferry, Cumberland Ferry, Cave-In-Rock Ferry and the Dorena-Hickman Ferry respectively) within my area that act as the ride objectives for an event. It's not many days that a motorcycle rides over water without being on a bridge and many of the back river roads are the most scenic and least traveled routes around.

Location: Paris Landing State Park http://www.tennessee.gov/environment.../ParisLanding/
on the Tennessee River (Kentucky Lake) will be event headquarters and accomodations site. Hotel, cabins, campground and restaraunt offer multiple lodging options on site. Other accommodations and local info can be found at http://visitparislanding.com This local area is within an 8 hour drive from most of the major cities within the Midwest, South and central regions of the country.

See FerrySTOC 3 May 17-20, 2012 for details and the latest updates for the event.

I hope to see some Stromtroopers there :hurray: There's lots of gravel to ride over in Land Between the Lakes if you have some dirt in your blood!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
If for some reason I can't go to the eastern ride I'll come to this one since it's only 1 hour from my house. Besides I love riding around the LBL area. However the plan is to do the eastern ride

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Well I can't do the eastern ride so I'll be right on by Saturday. Look forward to it.

I see the ride for the day starts at 7:30 am. I'll try to make that. Who knows maybe I can make the Friday run.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The event was another success with the best weather that I could have asked for. The only Vstrom rider that I saw in attendance was aldntn on his Wee. Andy did the group rides with us and I think that everybody had a great time.

Tune in again next year for another event at the same location. It should be at the same time and hopefully, I will be able to swing the free camping again, too!

It may originate as a STOC event but we welcome all bikes and riders as long as they are safety minded and courteous to others. We all get along great and have a lot of laughs. Can't wait to do it again and see everybody for another round of fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts