StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Vendor
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a beta tester with a Gen 1 Wee or Vee who wants a free fender riser kit, lives in the US, and will install when received and provide me feedback. Shipping is on me, so US only and must be able to install and provide feedback right away.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

·
Registered
797 Posts
If you get to the Gen2 Wee I'll be available.

·
Registered
386 Posts
PM'd you on fender kit.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
I wait with baited breath for the Glee kit. Raising mine will be done in the next 2 months to sufficiently clear my Shinko 804. Blizzard coming tomorrow so it's not high on my list yet :-( Thanks Big-B!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,866 Posts
I wait with baited breath for the Glee kit. Raising mine will be done in the next 2 months to sufficiently clear my Shinko 804. Blizzard coming tomorrow so it's not high on my list yet :-( Thanks Big-B!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I will do my due diligence to take some pics and get installed as quickly as possible, have some snow here currently so not sure about a test ride. :frown2:

Have some money coming your way soon.....thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
16,866 Posts
Have my Wee2 kit, but no directions on how to install.....is it that simple, there are only 2 brackets and 4 screws for that bracket?

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm very interested in this and already have the fork brace.
1. Will this work with the fork brace?
2. Does it still fix to the sliders but raise it a little, or does it mount under the lower triple?

·
Premium Member
3,462 Posts
Have my Wee2 kit, but no directions on how to install.....is it that simple, there are only 2 brackets and 4 screws for that bracket?
You will have to remove the front and rear bolts holding the fender on. Then Ricks bracket goes on the front, so yes two bolts required each side. For the rear, I think you will have to drill a new hole in the fender, then re-use the oem bolt and square washer. I would use blue loc-tight there and on the front unless Nylocks nuts were supplied by Rick. Check your margins(tire to fender measurement) front and rear before drilling the rear hole and make sure they are the same.

But don't do anything until Rick verify's this.....he might be on a different tract than me.

·
Super Moderator
16,866 Posts
I won't as I don't wanna screw up my fender. Sent him a PM yesterday, no word back from him yet.

·
Vendor
4,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry, been away from the forum for a few days. Serious issues with our general contractor building our new home.

The Wee2 kit as conceptualized is one bracket in the front and a new 6mm or 1/4" hole in the fender for the back 1/2" lower than the existing hole. This has been done many times by DIY types. You can probably find examples on ADVRider.

It may be possible to use two sets of brackets, one front one rear if one does not want to add a new set of holes in the rear of the fender.

The brackets are installed from the back side of the mounting point on the fork leg. The 25 mm bolt goes through the non threaded hole into the stock mounting point. The new threaded hole sits on top and flush with the front of the stock mounting point. The stock screw or the shorter bolt supplied then screws into the new higher threaded bolt hole.

·
Super Moderator
16,866 Posts
Ohhhh...I think "B" is gonna need some install Pic-tures..............lol!
I am gonna take a look at it tomorrow, but yeah I am hesitant to drill holes and potentially screw up and ruin a good fender. I am not real good at winging it, I like visuals and directions. :laugh2: Maybe I should forward these brackets onto somebody else, knowing me I will screw it up.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Take pics of your screw up, then at least everyone else will know what not to do:grin2:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts