StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the parts diagram for a 2017 and the front most fender bolt part number doesn't seem to follow a naming convention that I can decipher.

BOLT 45241-17K10

Does anyone know the actual dimensions of this bolt?

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
Dravnx may be right but some of us have replaced the shouldered bolt with a bolt of convenience when we had to hack the original bolt apart to get it out for various reasons.
I'm never sure why folks don't go to the dealer when replacing parts unless they find the originals are just too expensive.
At least calling a dealer and talking to the parts clerk may solve a lot of questions.

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
P38, most hardware stores now have a bolt and nut display so you can take in your questionable item and try to match threads and size.
I think they have SAE and Metric displays.
I'm with you on your post. But maybe we've played with hardware all our lives and sizes aren't a mystery to us. Others are just learning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the length of each side? When looking at diagrams the right side bolt looks longer than the left. Long story, but as I was adding a light bar to the front fender, we drilled out the crappy stock bolts and then they got tossed during a clean up.

I know M6, I just need to know the length of each.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
Does anyone happen to know the length of each side? When looking at diagrams the right side bolt looks longer than the left. Long story, but as I was adding a light bar to the front fender, we drilled out the crappy stock bolts and then they got tossed during a clean up.

I know M6, I just need to know the length of each.

Thanks.
They are mushroom headed shoulder bolts. Identical both sides.
21mm overall
13mm thread length
4mm shoulder
4mm hex

DO NOT use a normal M6 threaded bolt. You must use a shoulder bolt.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts