StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
I don't know if there is, but the company that makes them is Pyramid Plastics. They are in the UK. Mebbe if you can find them on the web there will be a listing of stockists as they say.

Also try Murphs Kits. I think he ships to Canada. I bought mine from him.

Good luck!

V

·
0 Posts
fenda extenda

I got mine from California Sport Touring. www.casporttour.com (i think).
Pricing was reasonable, shipped quickly, friendly folks. It went on in just a few minutes and really saves the engine from all the road crap. Keeps the bike cleaner, too.

I'll be getting the rear inner fender next (also made by Pyramid Plastics). It should keep the rear suspension, etc much cleaner.

Good luck.

·
Registered
441 Posts
VMAN,

You're right on with that inner fender deal. I have seen a few samples. I think they call them Huggers. Unfortunately the samples we got were for VFRs and not Stroms. :cry:

Bummer, eh? My VFR buddy didn't think it was so bad. :lol:

Cheers!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howboucha said:
http://www.murphskits.com/vfe.htm
I received my fenda extenda in good order today.
Will install as soon as I get the bike in the spring.

Order to Canada was seamless.
No extra tax or duty was required.

All good !

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rain Rider,

Glad to see you got your fenda extenda without any headaches. If you looked at the link that Brendan put up you might have noticed using a glue or epoxy in lieu of the screws. Personally, I highly recommend using the glue rather than screws. I have had mine on for over 2k miles without any issues. Good luck!

~Stlrmike

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
When I first put it on, dirty water from the inside of the fender leaked down over the outside of the extenda. I used silicone seal to prevent a future occurrance and replaced the screws with plastic connectors like the ones used in the stock fairing. They make a good mechanical connection and look okay.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I was thinking of getting a fenda extenda to protect the rad and oil cooler but was put off a little by the price and length of the extenda. So being the cheap skate that I am I chose function before form and made my own for less. It is bigger, ugly and might work if spring gets here. I just went to Can Tire and picked the cheapest unadorned car mudflaps and slightly butchered one. Fender removal was easy and I only drilled 2 holes in the fender, one above the other. I am sure there will be some leakage on the backside of the flap in rain but few stones or pebbles will get by.

·
Registered
143 Posts
It is a little steep on price for what you get, but the fit is great and I cringed at the thought of drilling holes in the fender!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Stlrmike, when else would I get to play with my tools ? And the second hole is really easy after you are commited. Drill On.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Water Warrior, thanks for the chuckle. I hope to ride up in your neck of the woods within the next couple years. Pictures are beautiful, but I'm ready for the real deal!

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Stlrmike, glad to give you a chuckle. If and when you get here I will buy the coffee. Been to Washington a few times in years gone by and really liked it. Was thinking of a little ride across the border later this year depending on finances and SO time off. Ride On, Ride Safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts