StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 22 September, FEMA organises a protest ride against the retarded proposals of inspections that the EU would potentially force upon its member states. The proposals are based on information from DEKRA, which clearly has a self-interest in seeing them passed, and the information is rebutted by statistics from other agencies (I know of the one in Sweden at least).

FEMA - The Federation of European Motorcyclists' Associations

Here's a chance to do more than keyboard rambling about how bad those Brussels bureaucrats are - leave it at that, and you have it coming.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place due to its political nature mods.

·
Registered
15,096 Posts
Europe and the Isles seem to have a lot more rules and regs than we have in the US. Some states do have safety inspections though.
Seems there are some people who just can't have everyone else be responsible for themselves.
Good luck with turning Big Brother back!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Europe and the Isles seem to have a lot more rules and regs than we have in the US. Some states do have safety inspections though.
Seems there are some people who just can't have everyone else be responsible for themselves.
Good luck with turning Big Brother back!
:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump - one week left.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ttt - on Saturday's a chance to make your voices heard in Brussels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
4,589 Posts
I don't see what you are complaining about.
We've had annual inspections on motor vehicles for well over 30 years in this Australian State.

I certainly prefer that to the States where there are no inspections.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You should be staying home anyway
Come again? :confused:

I don't see what you are complaining about.
We've had annual inspections on motor vehicles for well over 30 years in this Australian State.

I certainly prefer that to the States where there are no inspections.
The complaint is that they're trying to impose a framework where modding will be illegal. Everything will have to be kept within spec, as per the original factory or only as per allowed by factory "original mods" (e.g. arrow silencers on triumphs, nothing else), down to the tyres.

We have inspections where I'm from too, and I agree with you, but when they try to do it i) so that you're not allowed to change anything on the bike, and ii) do so based only on a survey made by a company that will be very well set to move into the market for inspections in countries where they aren't held at the moment - that'd be the one the French visited - there's something seriously fishy about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts